mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 03-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I'd never heard of BOSS before but that place looks pretty neat. And it's right off the thruway which is even better. Are the hours on their website the field hours as well?
The field is directly behind the store! But on the weekends if you have a large group playing he wont make you stop at the end time and will let everyone keep playing until sundown!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
The field is directly behind the store! But on the weekends if you have a large group playing he wont make you stop at the end time and will let everyone keep playing until sundown!
Nice! How would you describe the user base? More young kids or a mixture? Good for beginners? Does everyone kinda float around the three fields throughout the day to get different playing styles in?

I only ask because I'm getting back into this after taking the last few years off and my girlfriend has expressed interest in playing, so I want to take her somewhere where her introduction isn't going to be potentially negative, which is often a risk you take with a sport like this. I suppose I'll come out one of these weekends and give it a test run myself first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
Nice! How would you describe the user base? More young kids or a mixture? Good for beginners? Does everyone kinda float around the three fields throughout the day to get different playing styles in?

I only ask because I'm getting back into this after taking the last few years off and my girlfriend has expressed interest in playing, so I want to take her somewhere where her introduction isn't going to be potentially negative, which is often a risk you take with a sport like this. I suppose I'll come out one of these weekends and give it a test run myself first.
It is a good mix, you have alot of younger kids going but also have you older adults too and everything in between! He usually keeps everyone playing on the same field and will go back and forth on the differant fields! Usually takes a poll on where people want to play! He most likely wont have his Speedball field up until summer! I really like playing there it has a good layout, very flat, you dont feel worn out at the end of the day.

PBN Feedback
Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB MEMBER

d4rksabre we play co ed with the wives when the weather breaks ...we hire a couple of sitters for the kids . movies , pizza & popcorn and we go out back .....i will keep you posted as the weather turns for the better now ....
anybody is welcome with an invite ofcourse lol ....we will be looking for help making it better this year with bunkers and stuff ...
zicarofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
It is a good mix, you have alot of younger kids going but also have you older adults too and everything in between! He usually keeps everyone playing on the same field and will go back and forth on the differant fields! Usually takes a poll on where people want to play! He most likely wont have his Speedball field up until summer! I really like playing there it has a good layout, very flat, you dont feel worn out at the end of the day.
Sounds a little like open play days at GRC out in Belfast which is where I used to do my rec ball back when I lived near Buffalo. Guess I better get some new knee pads and come have a little fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
NYOG President

wow damn looks like I organized a rather ginormous even at BOSS on the 31st! Has anyone told BOSS the size of group they are bringing? I have been sending him emails already so I'm thinking if you are going send me a PM and I will get a total rough estimate of people to send to him. If we all bring the number we are talking about they will need to know because they will need to get refs and such
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
NYOG President

Quote:
We range from Batavia to Marion!
Who do you know in Marion? That is where I grew up!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M98punk View Post
wow damn looks like I organized a rather ginormous even at BOSS on the 31st! Has anyone told BOSS the size of group they are bringing? I have been sending him emails already so I'm thinking if you are going send me a PM and I will get a total rough estimate of people to send to him. If we all bring the number we are talking about they will need to know because they will need to get refs and such

The 31st of???????
TeamTRUsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M98punk View Post
Who do you know in Marion? That is where I grew up!
Rich Solcum? and he has a few boys that play..LOL!

PBN Feedback
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTRUsound View Post
The 31st of???????
March 31st

PBN Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields