mcarterbrown.com

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

well right after uk scenario made there reply i was perma banned for making this topic on another forum with another user name even though they had no proof it as me and it shouldent have mattered ether way

so do you think this will stop me? huh yeah right if my ip is banned from that forum i will just use a proxy or something to make a new acount and if that dosent work i can just use a friend of family members computer

before you all started demanding this or that from me outlaw was just a curiosity something i might never have done but now i plan to make up my own team of outlaws and in the future promote outlaw in any way i can and since you banned me like this i plan to use your forum for that goal

and you said its illigal well it isent as long as your on private land but i think the rules for public land arent as clear though
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

^^^^
Calm down, you're on another forum now.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

As far as I know its not illegal in the UK. the big fear over here is that it will reflect bad on the general community and sport as a whole.

On private land you can do what you like, its just finding the land to play on thats the difficulty.

Sorry you got banned from UKS/IP blocked. Its quite a usefull site for the UK paintball community. General rule is, when the mods say no, just stop, don't argue.

Last edited by biteweasel; 09-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.
biteweasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

Hi I'm swiss

Cards on the table. I have been playing paintball in the UK for six years, I've played twice in the USA at Oklahoma D-Day and I"m part of a team who run paintball games in the UK. (I also play airsoft but shssshh )
I am a moderator on UKScenario.com

If I can start with a quote from the OP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1993
im interested in outlawball basicaly playing in a none comercial field or game area it can mean anything from playing in the woods or in a abandoned building both of wich can be illigal though or playing on privatly owned land that you have permission to use
Okay lets break this down...

Re: Playing paintball on private land with the land owners permission.

If you did this and something went wrong, someone would be liable to pay for damages. Usually this would be an insurer.
However as you will not find anyone willing to insure you for this type of activity, anyone who allows you to use their property is going to make them self liable if you have an accident or you or they will be liable should you injure a third party.

For this reason alone, you will in all probability not be able to find anyone willing to grant you permission to use their land or buildings.

But if you did you would then need to put safeguards in place to prevent members of the public from encountering your activity, and to prevent any firing out of the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `VCRA
34Firing an air weapon beyond premises(1)
“21AFiring an air weapon beyond premises(1)A person commits an offence if—
(a)he has with him an air weapon on any premises; and
(b)he uses it for firing a missile beyond those premises.
(2)In proceedings against a person for an offence under this section it shall be a defence for him to show that the only premises into or across which the missile was fired were premises the occupier of which had consented to the firing of the missile (whether specifically or by way of a general consent).”
(3)In section 23 (exceptions from section 22(4))—
(a)in subsection (1), for paragraphs (a) and (b) substitute “ for the person under whose supervision he is to allow him to use it for firing any missile beyond those premises. ”;
(b)after that subsection insert—
“(1A)In proceedings against a person for an offence under subsection (1) it shall be a defence for him to show that the only premises into or across which the missile was fired were premises the occupier of which had consented to the firing of the missile (whether specifically or by way of a general consent).”;
(c)omit subsection (4).
(4)In the table in Part 1 of Schedule 6 (punishment), after the entry for section 21(5) insert—
“Section 21APerson making improper use of air weaponSummaryA fine of level 3 on the standard scaleParagraphs 7 and 8 of Part II of this Schedule apply.”(5)In that table, in the entry for section 23(1), for the words in the second column substitute “ Person supervising a person under 18 and allowing him to make improper use of air weapon ”.
(6)In Part 2 of that Schedule (supplementary)—
(a)in paragraph 7, after “under section” insert “ 21A, ”;
(b)in paragraph 8, after “under section” insert “ 21A, ”.
As an example, my team recently had to change the venue for a game we were putting on, despite having the land owners blessing, due to issues with a public right of way affecting our ability to secure the site and protect the public.

Moving on...

Re: Playing paintball on pubic or private land without permission.

You will be breaking the law plain and simple.

Trespass

Paintball markers are classed as air weapons...

It is against the law to trespass on any land or in any building, while you have an air weapon with you. Whether the the weapon is loaded or whether or not you have pellets with you is irrelevant.

If you go onto land without permission, you are trespassing, unless there is some right of access for the public. If there is a right of access for the public the restrictions set out above will apply.
Trespass with an air weapon is 'armed trespass', a criminal offence, the penalties for which can be severe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBO
The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 Sec 37 amends Section 19 of The Firearms Act 1968, which deals with possessing certain firearms in a public place. This section reads as follows:

A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place

(1) a loaded shotgun

(b) an air weapon (whether loaded or not)

(c) any other firearm (whether loaded or not) together with ammunition suitable for use in that firearm, or

(d) an imitation firearm.

The above is effective from 20th January 2004.

A public place means any highway or place or premises to which, at the material time, the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise. You may not have an airgun in a public place without proper reason. An airgun is deemed as loaded if there is a pellet, dart or anything else in the gun or magazine, whether cocked or not.
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRA
38Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”(1)In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—
(a)has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm; and
(b)is neither a de-activated firearm nor itself an antique.
(2)For the purposes of this section, an imitation firearm is not (except by virtue of subsection (3)(b)) to be regarded as distinguishable from a real firearm for any practical purpose if it could be so distinguished only—
(a)by an expert;
(b)on a close examination; or
(c)as a result of an attempt to load or to fire it.
(3)In determining for the purposes of this section whether an imitation firearm is distinguishable from a real firearm—
(a)the matters that must be taken into account include any differences between the size, shape and principal colour of the imitation firearm and the size, shape and colour in which the real firearm is manufactured; and
(b)the imitation is to be regarded as distinguishable if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm.
(4)The Secretary of State may by regulations provide that, for the purposes of subsection (3)(b)—
(a)the size of an imitation firearm is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if the imitation firearm has dimensions that are less than the dimensions specified in the regulations; and
(b)a colour is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if it is a colour specified in the regulations.
(5)The power of the Secretary of State to make regulations under this section shall be exercisable by statutory instrument subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament.
(6)That power includes power—
(a)to make different provision for different cases;
(b)to make provision subject to such exemptions and exceptions as the Secretary of State thinks fit; and
(c)to make such incidental, supplemental, consequential and transitional provision as he thinks fit.
(7)In this section—
“colour” is to be construed in accordance with subsection (9);
“de-activated firearm” means an imitation firearm that consists in something which—
(a)was a firearm; but
(b)has been so rendered incapable of discharging a shot, bullet or other missile as no longer to be a firearm;
“real firearm” means—
(a)a firearm of an actual make or model of modern firearm (whether existing or discontinued); or
(b)something falling within a description which could be used for identifying, by reference to their appearance, the firearms falling within a category of actual modern firearms which, even though they include firearms of different makes or models (whether existing or discontinued) or both, all have the same or a similar appearance.
(8)In subsection (7) “modern firearm” means any firearm other than one the appearance of which would tend to identify it as having a design and mechanism of a sort first dating from before the year 1870.
(9)References in this section, in relation to an imitation firearm or a real firearm, to its colour include references to its being made of transparent material.
(10)Section 8 of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 (c. 45) (under which firearms are deemed to be deactivated if they are appropriately marked) applies for the purposes of this section as it applies for the purposes of the 1968 Act.
Any questions?

Last edited by swiss; 09-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.
swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post

Any questions?
Why do you have the same IP as the UK account?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

I'm sure you can work that out

I'm the poor guy who volunteered.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

In American terms, they don't want people to show up to ERs with eyes problems after being hit in the face with paintballs. ERs in the UK aren't that great. This happens in the US to but the UK media is very odd. You think the news take events way out of focus here, UK is bad.

For Ex:
I read an article for the few second I was there talking about a "car chase" that was only 3 mins long. Here in the US that would be getting pulled over.

In short Crisscross , if you and a land owner work out something on your own then that's your agreement. However, i would tell people that you have worked out a deal with a land owner to play small games. Crisscross, without reading your post on UKS if you asked someone there about using land or know a place to use land, that shouldn't justice anything. If you asked, " Hey, i know a place where we can play outlaw games, " and this so happens to be on govt or public land then watch out for the bobbies and there whistles.

Last edited by cether; 09-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
cether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

You'll be telling me we all have bad teeth next
Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

We do all have bad teeth and dress like Austin Powers!

Quote:
But if you did you would then need to put safeguards in place to prevent members of the public from encountering your activity, and to prevent any firing out of the property.
Although very remote there were a few instances at Sennybridge TCUK where players in the woods at the lower end of the field had to mind thier fire as there were walkers using the road right next to the site. No barricade or netting was set up in this instance which I thought was a little odd. And this was at an official game though not a normal paintball site.

In the UK space is at a premium, just look at our roads, legal stuff aside its just not practical to try and set up an outlaw field over here. Would be cool to be able to play in someones back yard or land but its just not worth the risk.

Also if you did find a private field thats not netted off properly you could end up with Ramblers walking across it due to access rights we have over here.

I think the OP's best bet would be to open up his own site, get all the legal stuff inplace, then he could use it with his mates on the cheap, and pay for it via rental/walkon play. That would take some setting up but my local field was created for the very same reason. Our local walkon is 5 entry, BYO. There are about ten regulars and thats it. Rest of the time its rental only.
biteweasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Hi I'm swiss

Cards on the table. I have been playing paintball in the UK for six years, I've played twice in the USA at Oklahoma D-Day and I"m part of a team who run paintball games in the UK. (I also play airsoft but shssshh )
I am a moderator on UKScenario.com

If I can start with a quote from the OP...

Okay lets break this down...

Re: Playing paintball on private land with the land owners permission.

If you did this and something went wrong, someone would be liable to pay for damages. Usually this would be an insurer.
However as you will not find anyone willing to insure you for this type of activity, anyone who allows you to use their property is going to make them self liable if you have an accident or you or they will be liable should you injure a third party.

For this reason alone, you will in all probability not be able to find anyone willing to grant you permission to use their land or buildings.

As an example, my team recently had to change the venue for a game we were putting on, despite having the land owners blessing, due to issues with a public right of way affecting our ability to secure the site and protect the public.

Moving on...

Re: Playing paintball on pubic or private land without permission.

You will be breaking the law plain and simple.

Trespass

Paintball markers are classed as air weapons...

It is against the law to trespass on any land or in any building, while you have an air weapon with you. Whether the the weapon is loaded or whether or not you have pellets with you is irrelevant.

If you go onto land without permission, you are trespassing, unless there is some right of access for the public. If there is a right of access for the public the restrictions set out above will apply.
Trespass with an air weapon is 'armed trespass', a criminal offence, the penalties for which can be severe.

And...

Any questions?
It seems like the laws are very similar to what they are in the USA and Canada. The big difference is that the UK is probably a little more densely populated and hence, it's probably much harder to find appropriate land. The British are probably less rebellious than the Yanks as well, so finding someone who owns land to offer it up for use, knowing there is risk involved, will probably be more difficult as well.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields