mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 09-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #41 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

Umm please feel free to read the thread on UKS, he was allowed to say what he wanted, and his statements are still available to be read, and everyone else was able to have their say too.
That's free speach in action right there.

But you can't go accusing people of fascism and expect to still be welcomed can you?
You are free to call the owner of a bar where you drink names in the street, but he doesn't have to let you back in afterwards now does he?

Anyhow that said. I've had a long chat with him via PMs and he is being given a second chance on UKS , because he has expressed regret for his part, and we are willing to let him prove it.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Melvin I respect what your trying to say about the outlaw issue, but how would you have handled things differently? I really fail to see what's millitant about exercising the right to reply when you are accused of something. It's a fundamental part of free speach isn't it??
handling things differently would go like this if I was the OP:

1:I mention something I apparently shouldn't have on a uk forum

2: After being reprimanded by said UK forum, I would completely drop the issue, as I'm obviously going to get no where

3: I would go out on my own and find people to play the game I want to play without using the internet. Using my mouth words and keeping my business within a 1 meter radius. Not airing my "dirty little secret"

And when I used the word militant in reference to protection of a beloved game, I don't mean iron fist nazi style face rape, I mean it in a term more akin to "passionately".

Am I wrong when I assume you like (maybe even love) the game? Would it be wrong to assume that if you thought something was threatening the game you like/love you would fight for it? Maybe even fight with passion?

You did what you did on your own forum to protect something worth protecting. No fault there. There's a reason people shouldn't post things on forums like: Where can I buy drugs? -or- Where can I play some possibly illegal paintball? It brings unwanted attention to your forum and, as a consequence, you.

What I'm saying is, I can not fault you for trying to stay within the letter of the law on a public forum, but I also can not fault the op for simply wanting something like a non government sanctioned game of paintball in the middle of the woods. Provided his group has permission of the land owner and a definite understanding that if you get hurt and/or die, tough luck.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #43 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

Thanks for the clarification. I have to say I think thats pretty fair summary of the situation.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Umm please feel free to read the thread on UKS, he was allowed to say what he wanted, and his statements are still available to be read, and everyone else was able to have their say too.
That's free speach in action right there.

But you can't go accusing people of fascism and expect to still be welcomed can you?
You are free to call the owner of a bar where you drink names in the street, but he doesn't have to let you back in afterwards now does he?

Anyhow that said. I've had a long chat with him via PMs and he is being given a second chance on UKS , because he has expressed regret for his part, and we are willing to let him prove it.
my acount is still banned
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #45 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

Try it now.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I'm glad you guys managed to get over it. You were both about 2 steps from being removed from here. Fairly poor etiquette and a comple lack of respect.

Now you both seem like nice enough guys and I would probably enjoy playing paintball and drinking a beer, but this ends now.

Quote:
I'm sure you can work that out

I'm the poor guy who volunteered.
And you will be the first one banned, then the other account, then the IP. Not sure where you all went to mod school, but if there is a user issue across sites, someone usually informs the other site staff before starting ****. So by having multiple accounts to follow this guy on our site does not make a good first impression. Second, keep your drama on your site.

First last and only warning to all parties here. we don't want or need your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1993 View Post
for posting on this forum and calling them stalkers and facists they said i had to post this on both mccarter brown and uk scenario to be un banned
Not for nothing, but I would ban you for this here too.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the staff of another site coming over here and bringing their issues and ruckus. I'll ban them just as quick.

Quote:
Melvin I respect what your trying to say about the outlaw issue, but how would you have handled things differently? I really fail to see what's millitant about exercising the right to reply when you are accused of something. It's a fundamental part of free speach isn't it??
Yeah. Keep your drama on your site. I let you post in the beginning because it was fairly informative, and both sides should be heard. But as a few of us have stated, we aren't going to tolerate issues from your site here. You can do your own baby sitting.

And make no mistake, you guys followed this guy here. I already know you share IPs with the other person. So whether you are one or two people really doesn't matter, I will ban all of them.

I also find it funny you are talking about free speech after you banned someone on your site.

So make no mistake, if this drama continues, I will remove all parties involved.

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 09-14-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Harbinger[TG] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #47 (permalink)
The SwissBot 9K

Sorry for any trouble I may have caused you, and I do apologise for it dragging on so long.

Y'all take care now y'here!

xx

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields