mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 09-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

looking for outlaw field in England

im looking for a outlaw/private field in England and or other people who are interested in outlaw/private games i posted on a England only forum but they soon started demanding that i never play outlaw saying thats it extremly dangerous and has the ability to destroy the paintball industry in England and that we should just suport are local fields etc then they gave me a warning and said if i ever post on the their forums or if i messege or even email anyone about private games again and they hear about it i will be perma banned damn facists

so i came here im hoping for a better response

somehow they found out about this topic even though im using a different user name and banned me on there forum here is the link to the topic if your interested

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/view...p?f=98&t=33152

Last edited by crisscross1993; 09-11-2012 at 01:53 AM.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Exclamation

Hi just popping in from the UK to put our side of the story across on this one.

We have very strict laws where Paintball is concerned. What we have tried to explain to this guy is the damage he could do to the sport in the UK if there were some sort of incident that cast paintball in negative light.

Paintball was actually banned in Scotland for a number of years, and the threat to UK paintball as a whole is very real.

Earlier this week he was sent this message by our mod team...
Quote:
You are receiving a warning for you references seeking to condone or promote outlaw paintball. You have been told in no uncertain terms that outlaw paintball is not condoned by the UKScenario forum, its moderators and our community at large. We do not want to see posts/topics here seeking to condone it or promote it in any way shape or form.

You obviously do not seem to understand the wider ramifications of outlaw paintball and the potential harm it can do to the hobby in this country regardless of how it is viewed in other countries.

We hope you learn from this warning and understand the overwhelming negatives surrounding outlaw paintball and the fact that there are ways of making paintball cheaper than playing punter days that do not curtail health and safety, public liability and threaten the public profile of paintball. That said, make no mistake, any reference made again that seeks to condone outlaw paintball or try and promote it will result in a ban from this forum.

The Mod Team
We recognize that we have no say in what goes on on your forums, but we would ask that you please consider what we have to lose if something like this was promoted in the UK.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The UK Scenario Mod Team
UKScenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKScenario View Post
Hi just popping in from the UK to put our side of the story across on this one.

We have very strict laws where Paintball is concerned. What we have tried to explain to this guy is the damage he could do to the sport in the UK if there were some sort of incident that cast paintball in negative light.

Paintball was actually banned in Scotland for a number of years, and the threat to UK paintball as a whole is very real.

Earlier this week he was sent this message by our mod team...

We recognize that we have no say in what goes on on your forums, but we would ask that you please consider what we have to lose if something like this was promoted in the UK.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The UK Scenario Mod Team
stalk much?

there are probabley hundereds of paintball forums out there and millions of posts and topics yet you manage to find me here even though im using a diferent user name that i have told to no one thats damn right creepy
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

The paintball world isn't as big as you think it is, and people do know each other personally and talk to each other.

UKScenario has very strong ties within the international paintball community, and bad news travels fast.

Your post here was reported by a player who is a member of this forum and UKS, who easily identified you from the information you wrote in the above post.

Last edited by UKScenario; 09-07-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
UKS, please do not attempt to enforce your rules on our site.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

We have a saying here in AMERICA:

"What they don't know won't hurt 'em"

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

We are not attempting to enforce anything here.

We are simply responding to what has been posted on this forum, and seeking to ensure both sides of this issue are represented.

For the sake of absolute clarity...

It is not our communities own 'rules' we're talking about here, it is about the laws which pertain to paintball within the United Kingdom.
What has been suggested is possibly illegal in the UK, and anyone choosing to persue it should be fully aware of the implications.

Apologies for any misunderstandings.

Respectfully,

The Moderation Team
UKScenario.com

Last edited by UKScenario; 09-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yet another reason the colonies revolted........

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Yet another reason the colonies revolted........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Can any members here whom are from the UK clarify what laws, if any, govern paintball? For example, it is illegal or regulated in that citizens cannot play paintball on private property or farmland? Can paintball only be played on property owned or somehow designated for that purpose?

If people are free to play on private property in parts of the UK which do not have zoning restrictions against paintball, I see no issue with the OP's question or quest, for that matter.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields