mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Serious Business

Any fields in the Charlotte area?

I've been looking for a place to shoot people, but college campus people frown upon that...

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resurgence

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
I've been looking for a place to shoot people, but college campus people frown upon that...
Go check out Palmetto in Rock Hill. I was a regular there when I was at App. Sure it was like a two hour drive from the mountain, but it was the best place. At least for speedball. Beats the crap out of PBC.
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Serious Business

You drove two hours to go to Palmetto Hills?

It's absolutely terrible for woodsball in my experience. Might as well have been an outlaw game, the refs were off smoking weed or on their cell phones.
I only played a 1v1 on the speedball course, wasn't much interested. That being said I don't really play speedball.

Behind Enemy Lines is a much better field for woodsball.

I was more looking for an outlaw field in the area.

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

For speedball about the only place is PBC. Its expensive but very well run. The small woods field and mounds field are really fun as well.

Palmetto is the cheapest field in the area, but you get what you pay for. I ggo there when I have left over paint to shoot and don't feel like driving all the way to Boss. The woods fields are ok. The field could be better if they would put some effort into fixing it up. The refs are only slightly better than they used to be, but I still reccommend keeping your mask on at all times. Not the safest field around.

PBC and Palmetto are both on the same road and about 5 miles from each other.

Boss paintball in Locust NC is the best field in the area for woodsball but it looks like they may not be around for much longer. Awesome field. It will be a great loss.

Paintball Kingdom is down below Monroe. I haven't been there in years. It was an ok field. Nothing outstanding about it. Mostly woods there with maybe a speedball field or two there.

There is Glory Road Paintball in Monroe. They have a small woodsball field and a couple airball fields. Alot of guys have been going there because its cheap and you can bring your own paint. I haven't tried it yet but want to soon.

I'm going to play this weekend if my wife doesnt have to work. YOu are welcome to tag along. I will either go to Boss or Palmetto. I play woods. PM me if you are interested.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I second Boss. Great woodsball field and as of recently allow BYOB.
TheDaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields