mcarterbrown.com

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatcircus View Post
I'm guessing Hinges can be had for cheap, but I'm wondering how long they'll hold up being moved around?
Cut up seat belts - 2 lengths, screwed in
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
entry way on the last one needs bracing. and pictures of the interior? it looks like it might be an open top with a platform but it's hard to tell.

Edit: there are ridiculous amounts of free tires to be had. Don't be afraid to grab those as well to incorporate them into the pallet structures.
we used to have a place that the guy had a tire bailer or something that wadded up tires into 4X4 blocks...you could literally stand on them.

we get huge pallets that mattresses come on at my work. sometimes they are nice wood like cedar. i have been piling them up for some sort of something like this. some kids stole a big pile i imagine for a bonfire party...darn kids would love to get plastic 55 gallon drums but people want a lot for em.

got access to a backhoe so i might try to do some trenches and stuff like that too. also have a pallet of quickrete that got rained on so its basically useless.
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Trenches are awesome. My favourite field in southern alberta, good ol home, has an amazing set of trenches, its isn't huge, but big enough you can't shoot end to end. But the problem is they deteriorate and get sloppy, and you can't use them for days after lots of rain. But if you were to build them up with pallets and fill it in, hell, not only would it be safer, but would stand up to abuse.

For the OP, Idon like the second one. While the legs provide for snap shooting support, it doesn't do much for the moving forward part of things. Try and pound posts and build it in place maybe
twiitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

good way to find cheap or free plastic drums, if you have a car wash near by that is full service like a delta sonic (that's the one we used in buffalo to get our needed information) they are supplied with soap by the drum.

Tell the manager you need the suppliers contact info because you need rain barrels or something along those lines so they don't feel like they are enabling a possible competitor. The soap supplier has no use for drums that can't seal properly anymore and you'll either get them for free or cheap
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Master of Meat

Here's a couple more from GRC Paintball. I don't think these are strictly made from pallets, but they could be broken down to fashion some similar structures.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hand of Fate

I believe GRC has one of those small portable sawmills on site. If you look at their structures, it is all rough cut wood. I think I saw the picture on FB.

Here it is. It would sure make it convenient to build bunkers/structures.

GRC Paintball's Photos | Facebook
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
good way to find cheap or free plastic drums, if you have a car wash near by that is full service like a delta sonic (that's the one we used in buffalo to get our needed information) they are supplied with soap by the drum.

Tell the manager you need the suppliers contact info because you need rain barrels or something along those lines so they don't feel like they are enabling a possible competitor. The soap supplier has no use for drums that can't seal properly anymore and you'll either get them for free or cheap
great information! Ill look into this more thank you
Vethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

great info and picturs

FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mikedz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
entry way on the last one needs bracing. and pictures of the interior? it looks like it might be an open top with a platform but it's hard to tell.

Edit: there are ridiculous amounts of free tires to be had. Don't be afraid to grab those as well to incorporate them into the pallet structures.
this truckers especially have trouble getting rid of old tires
swiftblade13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

COOL.

Pallets, Tires, Sandbags, old plastic/steel drums, and a few trenches! The first field I played at regularly (Salt River Paintball in MI) was basically just that (okay, it had a little more, but LOTS of drums and pallets).

The last pic is the Pallet Pavilion

http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/pallet-house.html

Last edited by ironnerd88; 03-03-2014 at 08:09 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields