mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
^^^ I find its often the dude with the fastest marker.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sniper Lifer - 68

A fistfight in a woodsball game? Wow, I didnt see that one coming. Maybe I'll have to rethink the dynamic hit thing. We llay all hits count - bounces included. (makes the sniper happy). I like the wet sand idea too.
wetfootwilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
^^^ I find its often the dude with the fastest marker.
In the everyone versus everyone action, the obnoxious guy with the fast marker becomes everyone else's favorite first target. No matter how fast your gun everyone shooting at you, means you loose first.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
In the everyone versus everyone action, the obnoxious guy with the fast marker becomes everyone else's favorite first target. No matter how fast your gun everyone shooting at you, means you loose first.
in our everyone vs everyone we do 25 rounds max.. fastest marker translates into instantly out of paint and self eliminated.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I usually go "hardcore" mode on my first game of the day... As I have so many things on my mind from running the event, that my own gear is usually the last thing I think of...

I've gone out with NO pads, or gloves, or neckpad, only my mask on, and NO paint, or only a handful of paint from chronoing... (forgot my pods AND to fill my hopper) And realized it when I was halfway across the field in the first game... And I ran out of paint... Reached for a pod, and nothing... Lol!

Sad thing is, that has happened so many times, that I usually fill my hopper at least the night before now... I try to put my pads on before anyone arrives, so I don't forget!

Getting old stinks!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Pads?! We don't need not stinking pads!

Yep no pads here, I did buy my first pair of pants with a small degree of padding in the knees, but other than that...I find pads get in my way.

And FE....right there with you on the running out on the field and realizing you forgot something important...only for me it is usually to fill the air. or to turn it on...when I used a strap to the back remote..I would always forget to turn it on...and it was always where I could not reach it well...so I would have to bunker down...pull the belt off...turn it on..then strap it back on. Is why I am switching back to 12s or a smaller tank on the marker

So now I will probably be like you and start to forget paint.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

ive gone out and had a target, pulled the trigger....nothing, cocked the gun, still nothing, then connected my airline and recocked, still nothing, then turned on my air, recocked, started dry firing and got lit up. haha. i wont make those mistakes twice, but in my defense i spent all of my time setting up a new player before we hit the field.

we play lots of limited ammo. magfed/pump/50 rounds. but you will never get my kneepads off me, im not dropping to a knee and landing on a rock. who wears other pads?

multiple hit rules always end in arguing or fighting of some sort. i like the "if you get hit and it doesnt break it still counts rule" but i never count marker hits, that always bothered me.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Barned

Walked onto the field without my marker once. Good game until I rushed up with nothing but my hands....
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Walked onto the field without my marker once. Good game until I rushed up with nothing but my hands....
alcohol and paintball is always a risky partnership
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I was snapping with a guy who was using a rental and I was using a Thumper. I kept some extra balls in my pocket because I didn't have any 10rds at the time. Long story short, I ended up having to not only pump every time I shot, but also had to load a ball from my pocket into my gun every shot. That's about as "expert/hardcore mode" I have ever gone.
Jaltro is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields