mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Outlaw / Private Fields (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/)
-   -   Hardcore mode (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/224364-hardcore-mode.html)

thumper 01-24-2013 05:57 AM

Hardcore mode

Hardcore mode - oldschool mode.. something..

rules for mode: no pods, no pads, no batteries.

thoughts?

wetfootwilley 01-24-2013 09:43 AM

I like it. What about dynamic hits - you get hit in the leg, you can't use the leg etc
WFW

Spider! 01-24-2013 09:44 AM

The "no pods" has some holes in it for me. Do you mean hopper loads only, or tubes and bags only? Real oldschool; everyone playing gets their paint from the same bag, either by portion or what they can carry if that is less. If there is only enough for 14 balls each at the end of the day, that's what you get.

desertT1 01-24-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetfootwilley (Post 2602716)
I like it. What about dynamic hits - you get hit in the leg, you can't use the leg etc
WFW

These rules were in place for the only fist fight I've ever seen in an outlaw game. Never again. The rule was 2 hit to torso or one to head. arms/legs didn't count.

thumper 01-24-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider! (Post 2602718)
The "no pods" has some holes in it for me. Do you mean hopper loads only, or tubes and bags only? Real oldschool; everyone playing gets their paint from the same bag, either by portion or what they can carry if that is less. If there is only enough for 14 balls each at the end of the day, that's what you get.

we normally play hopperball - but stockclass guys can carry all the 10 round tubes they want...
for some of the really limited games we do 25 rounds / player max... but those are the exception not the rule.

thumper 01-24-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertT1 (Post 2602724)
The rule was 2 hit to torso or one to head. arms/legs didn't count.

yep - im not a fan of head shots on zombies etc.. or multiple hits to make eliminate. we normally play all hits count.. it just has to break.

pillage 01-24-2013 02:02 PM

Everyone on everyone. All players start in a circle, the ref blows a whistle and gives you a ten count to get into position. Only the winner survives. I used to like that game when I played on Dan Colby's field back in the early nineties.

thumper 01-24-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillage (Post 2602957)
Everyone on everyone. All players start in a circle, the ref blows a whistle and gives you a ten count to get into position. Only the winner survives. I used to like that game when I played on Dan Colby's field back in the early nineties.

yep.. we use two whistles.. first whistle u run. second whistle u shoot... but no ones knows how long in between.

Melvin 01-24-2013 07:58 PM

make everyone wear a backpack full of wet sand.

pillage 01-24-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 2603067)
yep.. we use two whistles.. first whistle u run. second whistle u shoot... but no ones knows how long in between.

It is always interesting to see who just stands there waiting to light up their buddies.