mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
pump snob

lets see.. the same old guys will loose interest over time. its a given. wives, jobs, health, age, kids, babies, school, honey doo lists etc all get in the way.

a constant influx of new blood is key to long term survival.

the chemistry of an outlaw group is also key to long term survival.

OP: there are more possible reasons the group faded out.. bored with same games over and over. too many dbags. too much drama. etc. If you are sure it was lost interest read on..

spice and variety. one of the things we are doing is including a 90 minute mini-scenario game mid day... changing the theme every two weeks.
we also play absolutely the most challenging and fast based games in the area... this get the guys talking and bring their friends.

as a tip we also play hard core mode all the time. no pods, no pads, no batteries. this weeds out the hosers and losers instantly.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
ton up boy

Facebook works real well on outlaw games.

A lot of people will come based on who else is gonna be playing, and how big the game will be.
This will also let them advertise among their friends etc.

Also they can read up on the rules and type of gameplay there will be, and make up if they want to take part.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Radical!

I met a group of outlaw folks here in Mid TN that seem to be running things well. A Mid TN thread over in the regional forums had evolved into the local outlaw group thread by the time i moved out here, and that combined with the FB group page, they organize game days pretty well.

We don't get a ton of people, though. There's really only 3-4 regulars. Every now and then someone will bring a small group of their own. We try to play once a month, but usually schedules only coincide every other month.

When an outlaw day falls through, i just head to a local field, so i suppose i'm not in the same boat.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Make a Facebook user group.
Post when you're going to play.
????
Profit.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I've found a lot of interest from guys at work, some have played and some haven't, most of the group I play with are noobs but we have a lot of fun
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Basically to keep interest up, we limit the number of times we play a year. At the start of the year (january), we have an informal meeting at a friends house to plan dates. We go threw and pick and eliminate dates that work for most people. Then we send out a mass message via any means possible to potential players we want playing. Tell them to invite one or two friends they feel would be fun to play with (not necessarily good, but FUN!). We don't want idiots/jerk faces out there ruining it for everyone. Plan plan plan ahead. People can look forward to it a lot more when they have a good idea of when they are actually going to play. Don't say, "hey guys, in two weeks we are going to go play paintball." You aren't going to get a lot of people since it doesn't give much notice.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

I mainly do facebook in the local woods near UNCC. I couldn't really justify makin the drive out to thumper's place (two hours) every few weeks, although his field and crowd is awesome! The woes of engineering skool...

B-17 feedback

Last edited by B-17; 04-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Facebook events help a bit. Even then you get the crazy drop rate, but at least its more in-their-face if they check on there a lot.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Sounds like the problem I had 2 summers ago, get to the field and only 2 to 4 of us max. That winter I recruited as many people as I could, say about 12, in the 12 at least 4 came and became steady players and the old guys came back more often also so this past summer our days were always 7 people being a low number and 18 people being the high. I'm going to assume that everywhere outlaw paintball fields fluctuate in #'s year to year. I'm looking forward to my first game this summer being that I've had to work the first two weekends that it started, I was told first game last Sunday they had 3, This Sunday I'm curious to how many will show?

Do you have a FB page set up for your friends to see when games will be and ask who will show? And include a mass text to all the players reminding them days in advance so they don't make other plans.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Facebook events help a bit. Even then you get the crazy drop rate, but at least its more in-their-face if they check on there a lot.
I didn't see you beat me to the FB question lol. I'm getting old

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields