mcarterbrown.com

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 07-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

My advice is to never advertise or give out the address to anyone other than trusted friends. This wont stop friends from potentialy sueing but it will limit trouble makers from just showing up. Think of it like, "The first rule about paintball club, is NO ONE talks about paintball club!" As you or your trusted friends meet people that may be interested in playing you can slowly add to the team/player group. A couple teams where im from ran into issues with local authorities concerning zoning and operating without a business lincence, etc etc. Every state/county is different so just look into the local laws. The way some look at it is that if its something that 'could' make money it should be taxed or regulated even though its not a for profit field. Also make the bunkers so they can be broken down and taken away in a days work in case anyone(local gov) tells you they want to inspect the field you can tear everything out and say there isnt a field to inspect. Also just like at any field be extra cautious of safety rules like mask on, on the field and bag blocker off the field, make everyone watch out for everyone else and do buddy checks constantly.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
My advice is to never advertise or give out the address to anyone other than trusted friends. This wont stop friends from potentialy sueing but it will limit trouble makers from just showing up. Think of it like, "The first rule about paintball club, is NO ONE talks about paintball club!" As you or your trusted friends meet people that may be interested in playing you can slowly add to the team/player group. A couple teams where im from ran into issues with local authorities concerning zoning and operating without a business lincence, etc etc. Every state/county is different so just look into the local laws. The way some look at it is that if its something that 'could' make money it should be taxed or regulated even though its not a for profit field. Also make the bunkers so they can be broken down and taken away in a days work in case anyone(local gov) tells you they want to inspect the field you can tear everything out and say there isnt a field to inspect. Also just like at any field be extra cautious of safety rules like mask on, on the field and bag blocker off the field, make everyone watch out for everyone else and do buddy checks constantly.

Fully aware of all of these things. Also mostly the people that would be playing would be upper 20's to 40 somethings and being 33 I dont feel like dealing with children unless it is my daughter. Also I am a hard *** about paintball safety even when it is not my field but feel like it is all our duty to enforce the safety to ensure the sport keeps a good rep, besides I wouldnt mind keeping my eyes. Which none of the above is really my concern at the moment anyways. Was mostly interested about if it would be good idea on insurance and would the field be big enough.

Anywho I did contact a few insurance places about cost for a nonprofit no cost private field and they informed me they will need to get back with me with a quote.

Sorry if any of this seems rude. Had <4 of sleep with issues of servers acting silly at work.. so im a bit tired.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Just want to say, if I go to JerseyTrailRider's field or Redarmy's field and I break a bone or twist my ankle or catch zombie death flu from one of these ridiculous NJ death hawk mosquitos, I still won't be filing a lawsuit. No one put a gun to my head and told me to go play paintball. I did it of my own volition and have an I.Q. high enough to understand that anything that happens on the field is the direct result of my own actions.

You haven't even built the field yet and already sound worried about what someone might do to YOU because of something foolish THEY did. Let me point out that taking a trip to a lawyer who specializes in the laws of your state and drafting a loophole free pain waiver is way more cost effective than constantly paying an insurance company to cover your "what ifs".

Assuming of course, you follow all standard safety regulations such as velocity control, barrel blocking devices in appropriate areas so on and so forth. Which I know you will, because you're an awesome dude.*

*Opinions about being an awesome dude are not endorsed by the MelvinCo. LLC parent company or subsidiaries, and are not stated as fact, merely as conjecture. Any injury obtained while reading this statement falls solely on you, the reader. Side effects may include blindness, the ability to see in the dark, constipation, anal seepage, amputation, the growth of extra appendages, diabeetus, increased alcoholism, conversion of religion, inconvenient erections, Agateophobia, Alektorophobia, and/or uncontrollable blinking. Use at your own risk. Active ingredients may include soy, dairy, russian horse steroids, or peanuts. Positive results typical in users between the ages of 0-109 are not based on reality, but "numbers" which may lie, depending on how much your god loves and/or hates you. Do not take advice if you are already using an MAOI or thioridazine, as increased chances of multiple side effects may occur. Direct all questions to our legal department which we have outsourced to a country that does not speak english.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
Just want to say, if I go to JerseyTrailRider's field or Redarmy's field and I break a bone or twist my ankle or catch zombie death flu from one of these ridiculous NJ death hawk mosquitos, I still won't be filing a lawsuit. No one put a gun to my head and told me to go play paintball. I did it of my own volition and have an I.Q. high enough to understand that anything that happens on the field is the direct result of my own actions.

You haven't even built the field yet and already sound worried about what someone might do to YOU because of something foolish THEY did. Let me point out that taking a trip to a lawyer who specializes in the laws of your state and drafting a loophole free pain waiver is way more cost effective than constantly paying an insurance company to cover your "what ifs".

Assuming of course, you follow all standard safety regulations such as velocity control, barrel blocking devices in appropriate areas so on and so forth. Which I know you will, because you're an awesome dude.*

*Opinions about being an awesome dude are not endorsed by the MelvinCo. LLC parent company or subsidiaries, and are not stated as fact, merely as conjecture. Any injury obtained while reading this statement falls solely on you, the reader. Side effects may include blindness, the ability to see in the dark, constipation, anal seepage, amputation, the growth of extra appendages, diabeetus, increased alcoholism, conversion of religion, inconvenient erections, Agateophobia, Alektorophobia, and/or uncontrollable blinking. Use at your own risk. Active ingredients may include soy, dairy, russian horse steroids, or peanuts. Positive results typical in users between the ages of 0-109 are not based on reality, but "numbers" which may lie, depending on how much your god loves and/or hates you. Do not take advice if you are already using an MAOI or thioridazine, as increased chances of multiple side effects may occur. Direct all questions to our legal department which we have outsourced to a country that does not speak english.
LOL I love the disclaimer
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

This has been addressed in your situation as you say most players are late 20s+. Buuuuut, There have been several suggestions to keep it in a close knit group of friends. THIS ONLY WORKS FOR ADULTS, and even not always then. If you go shoot out little jimmys eye, i dont care how close you think you are his parents are going to have a serious problem. Somebody is going to have a stack of medical bills and i doubt your "i wont sue you" arrangement will hold up. This is not for acidpaintball but for the many minors who may be getting ideas from this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
It was a simple question....I thought.
zacgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
This has been addressed in your situation as you say most players are late 20s+. Buuuuut, There have been several suggestions to keep it in a close knit group of friends. THIS ONLY WORKS FOR ADULTS, and even not always then. If you go shoot out little jimmys eye, i dont care how close you think you are his parents are going to have a serious problem. Somebody is going to have a stack of medical bills and i doubt your "i wont sue you" arrangement will hold up. This is not for acidpaintball but for the many minors who may be getting ideas from this thread.
I fully agree with this. This is why I asked about insurance in the first place not to keep others safe but for the land owner and person hosting the game. Needed feed back from people that has been though this experience on starting a outlaw field.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I need to get into posting on these outlaw forums more. Otherwise I get a bunch of douchbags telling me how "unsafe" I am and how no one will want to play with us because I'm too "unsafe".
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswanson View Post
I need to get into posting on these outlaw forums more. Otherwise I get a bunch of douchbags telling me how "unsafe" I am and how no one will want to play with us because I'm too "unsafe".
Just posting here doesnt qualify as a badge in Im safe.
Keeping rules like regulated paying fields is the best practice. Safe levels in FPS and regular checks on FPS.. etc.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm in Fort Wayne and would love to play with your group - especially a night game.
dave46 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields