mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Outlaw / Private Fields (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/)
-   -   Bunker ideas (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/237547-bunker-ideas.html)

BoBo 07-11-2013 11:52 PM

Bunker ideas
 
So I have an impossible task

My friend wants to put up some bunkers on some land he is trying to get.

Cost needs to be low but they cannot be made of combustible material as during the winter, they will be harvested for firewood

Did I mention cheap?

Thoughts?

Melvin 07-12-2013 12:17 AM

pallets can be cheap to free so who cares if they get harvested

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/o...spiration.html

and there's alot going on here too

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/o...o-bunkers.html

EL17E 76 07-12-2013 09:35 AM

/above

Out of curiosity if he "acquires" I assume this would mean owns the land why is he not capable of saying what to "harvest" and not for firewood? Also using oil based paint on pallets usually also helps to limit its uses as a viable "firewood".

BoBo 07-12-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL17E 76 (Post 2755680)
/above

Out of curiosity if he "acquires" I assume this would mean owns the land why is he not capable of saying what to "harvest" and not for firewood? Also using oil based paint on pallets usually also helps to limit its uses as a viable "firewood".

He lives outside the US. Pallets are not as cheap as here.

In his area is a local "community" who will "harvest" any goddamn thing they want, regardless who owns it. They cut down trees from the national forest to build houses and burn for fuel. Their log cabins have satellite dishes.

punisher068 07-12-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoBo (Post 2755973)
He lives outside the US. Pallets are not as cheap as here.

In his area is a local "community" who will "harvest" any goddamn thing they want, regardless who owns it. They cut down trees from the national forest to build houses and burn for fuel. Their log cabins have satellite dishes.

ahh you have cranksters near your field too.:gunsfiring:
try some straw hay bales,they'll last a few seasons
Sandbag bunkers are always an option too

BoBo 07-12-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punisher068 (Post 2756018)
ahh you have cranksters near your field too.:gunsfiring:
try some straw hay bales,they'll last a few seasons
Sandbag bunkers are always an option too

Sandbags are good idea - we played at an "indoor" field recently there that had used tires.

Sandbags are like walls but cheaper and harder to move.

Melvin 07-13-2013 02:10 AM

define "outside the U.S." please, I might have a solution or two, depending on country/province.

BoBo 07-13-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin (Post 2756240)
define "outside the U.S." please, I might have a solution or two, depending on country/province.

Eastern Europe

Melvin 07-13-2013 11:31 PM

Ah, gotcha. Sand bags, as per punisher's suggestion, will likely be the best option, in the interest of keeping cost of materials and "harvesting" to a minimum, while having the lowest impact on the surrounding environment. Used tires may be a viable option, but require work so they don't hold water and become breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty stuff.

BoBo 07-15-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin (Post 2756728)
Ah, gotcha. Sand bags, as per punisher's suggestion, will likely be the best option, in the interest of keeping cost of materials and "harvesting" to a minimum, while having the lowest impact on the surrounding environment.

Spoke to him this morning and apparently they can't use sand as it'll be stolen for construction.

He's keen on "dirt bags" though - like sand bags but not worth stealing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC