mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Paintball Unlimited???

I live in NE Kansas and have spent the last couple years trying to build up interest in paintballing among locals. I've noticed that our local fields are either not doing anything at all or trying to sell their fields. So I'm not sure that business operated fields are the ticket to promoting paintball in rural Kansas.

So my next thought is this. Would a "(ducks, pheasants, quails) unlimited" -like- organization work for paintball? I have been involved in quails unlimited in the past. The way it works is everyone pays dues to be a member. Once you are a member you are invited to attend regularly held private shooting/hunting events. The events are not held at "business operated" facilities, they are held on privately owned land. With the membership dues, the club is able to pool resources to promote (in the case of quails unlimited) wildlife conservation.

So translated to paintball how would this work? . . . I vision a membership banquet held once a year to act as a membership drive. The banquet could be an auction/dinner where anyone who is interested could come and register as a member and attend the banquet and then the monthly events. The membership dues could then be used for such things as: large portable HPA compressor, portable field netting, property leasing. . .

The group would have to be organized by someone. I vision having a good ol' fashioned 4-H style leadership. Where the Pres/VP/Sec/Tres are all voted on yearly at the banquet then meet monthly to organize events and such.

Think about this. Once multiple chapters existed in a region, they could occasionally bring all chapters together for a chapter vs. chapter game. . . region vs. region game. . .state vs. state game. . .

What does everyone think? What am I forgetting? Ever heard of anything like this? ? ?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Interesting idea, handling the liability would be a nightmare.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

I think these guys do something similar.
albertamilsim.ca • View forum - Paintball and Woodsball Events

You have to be a member on their site to get the lowdown on what's going on in there group, I think they have regular membership fees that would go to site maintance and whatever else like maybe an insurance policy. They organize and play outlaw with their own rules to cater to their preferred Milsim style of play where they have rolls like heavy gunner, sniper/scout, medics, engineers, ect. There mostly x military, you don't see these guys often at fields. There is info on there group on some of the open sections of their forum that might help give you ideas.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
I think these guys do something similar.
albertamilsim.ca • View forum - Paintball and Woodsball Events

You have to be a member on their site to get the lowdown on what's going on in there group, I think they have regular membership fees that would go to site maintance and whatever else like maybe an insurance policy. They organize and play outlaw with their own rules to cater to their preferred Milsim style of play where they have rolls like heavy gunner, sniper/scout, medics, engineers, ect. There mostly x military, you don't see these guys often at fields. There is info on there group on some of the open sections of their forum that might help give you ideas.
Nice!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

It would be tough to get off the ground but it can be done. I would try to find a legal place to play first, maybe some place where it would be free to play. Getting an HPA fill station would be the next order of business. My team has annual dues and if needed we chip in throughout the year on stuff.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

You know I think this is a pretty good idea.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks. I think it could work. Just a matter of getting organized and doing it. What part of Kansas are you in?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Salina\manhattan area
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

I live in Wamego. I organize outings once a month around the area. You should come out sometime and play.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields