mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

I would suggest buying 3 or 4 scubas if there is a scuba shop in your area. We were considering the shoebox, but 700 dollars is a lot to spend on an outlaw air setup. Keep in mind the compressor needs power.. So you either need a cord running out to the woods or the fill station to be near your house. You can get 3 scubas used for under 200 bucks and we get them fills for about 5 bucks each.
Kroniccocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Quote:
Originally Posted by DranDran View Post
To be honest the highest fill I can get is 4k. How many fills could I get off that?
This should help. http://tinypic.com/jskf9e.jpg

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
Thanks, that's really helpful. I am talking with a friend to see if he wants to go in on everything too
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroniccocker View Post
I would suggest buying 3 or 4 scubas if there is a scuba shop in your area. We were considering the shoebox, but 700 dollars is a lot to spend on an outlaw air setup. Keep in mind the compressor needs power.. So you either need a cord running out to the woods or the fill station to be near your house. You can get 3 scubas used for under 200 bucks and we get them fills for about 5 bucks each.
The woods are actually right across the street, so we would probably wind up just keeping all the stuff in the garage at my aunts house
Old 02-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm curious, what's the benefit you see in playing outlaw instead of on a field. What are the fields doing wrong?
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Playing in the winter. All the outdoor fields around us are closed and the closest indoor is a 2 hour drive each way.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I understand the winter, we have 7 feet of snow right now and hope to see green grass by May 1st. if were lucky. Our local indoor field closed because they couldn't get enough people to even pay the heating bill.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

We have our own field on my farm and love it the only PIMA is setting up and taking down the bunkers each day we play but other than that it is great we have 9 scuba tanks and HPA compresser as well
Angel A1 Black/Blue fade
Nonesuch Mafia 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Okay, this is good,

Okay, this is good, you spent somewhere between 4 and 10 thousand dollars to have your own field so you don't have to go to a professional paintball facility. Here's the big question, Why, you do all the work, you spent a ton of money you can save a few bucks each time you play and likely one or more have to stand down and ref while the other play. but it will take forever to break even? What did your local field do wrong that you wouldn't want to support them and help the sport grow?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Okay, this is good, you spent somewhere between 4 and 10 thousand dollars to have your own field so you don't have to go to a professional paintball facility. Here's the big question, Why, you do all the work, you spent a ton of money you can save a few bucks each time you play and likely one or more have to stand down and ref while the other play. but it will take forever to break even? What did your local field do wrong that you wouldn't want to support them and help the sport grow?
Play with the right people and you don't "need" refs. Also, every part of your question was answered in the original post.

As far as "growing the sport", I'd say he would be doing it right taking younger inexperienced players to a fun controlled environment for their first few outings. Because OP already stated that while his commercial field is great, there's a try hard who stays in ramping all day.

A very basic field without any compressed air equipment wouldn't get near your lowest estimated price of $4k if he already has access to land. If you have to run compressed air, you're probably better off just buying enough tanks to last all day and having them refilled at a store/field. Filling co2 on the other hand is much cheaper and actually pretty easy.

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Scorpion marker (the old spyder clone)
2: A nice unmolested Nelspot 007 pump handle
3: A noxx or jcs bottomline stock
4: Hammer 7 thumbwheels

Last edited by Melvin; 02-28-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields