mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Setting up a field

I know this has probably been asked 1,000+ times. My cousins and I are considering setting up a field in the woods around their house, it would just be for extremely close friends also but 99% of the time it would just be us. We know we can get co2 easily and are going to all get together and talk about buying a compressor and scuba tanks. I personally like this idea because at the field I go to now (it is a great field don't get me wrong) has a complete a**hole of a player who shoots PSP ramping and over shoots the living crap out of everyone including renters. I don't feel comfortable taking my younger cousins there when he is playing, I think they would feel more comfortable playing with family anyways. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do and get for this field if the idea takes off?
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

get a co2 bulk tank first. then if you want to go to hpa, start with scuba tanks.
if you start needing more then 6 scubas in a day then think about getting a compressor.

cheap compressor is 2k. but figure 2.5-3.5k
they can be had for less but you really gotta search.

first find a scuba shop to fill from... that most important.

hpa is not as cheap as you think and theres alot involved if you gunna use a scuba compressor
Old 10-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
get a co2 bulk tank first. then if you want to go to hpa, start with scuba tanks.
if you start needing more then 6 scubas in a day then think about getting a compressor.

cheap compressor is 2k. but figure 2.5-3.5k
they can be had for less but you really gotta search.

first find a scuba shop to fill from... that most important.

hpa is not as cheap as you think and theres alot involved if you gunna use a scuba compressor
Thanks. I'm the only one that uses air right now as far as I know, so I think we could get away with 1 scuba for a while. IF it won't hurt it I will get an anti siphon co2 tank for my SP1 and use that for a while. I am going to get a chrono whether this happens or not so it's just easier to work on markers at home
Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

chrono is one of the first things you get for a field......even before co2/hpa.
why? bc it better be safe or your field wont last very long and neither will your players.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's what I mean. If we do go through with it it'll be next spring/summer and I am buying a chrono in January
Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderated

My friends and I ran an outlaw field for a while. We had CO2 only and a hand held chrono; it was a blast. If you are the only HPA user, consider one of the monster 4500psi tanks (92ci or larger) with a custom 3k psi output reg (ninja sells them). That would let you top off without the logistical concerns of scuba.
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
My friends and I ran an outlaw field for a while. We had CO2 only and a hand held chrono; it was a blast. If you are the only HPA user, consider one of the monster 4500psi tanks (92ci or larger) with a custom 3k psi output reg (ninja sells them). That would let you top off without the logistical concerns of scuba.
To be honest the highest fill I can get is 4k. How many fills could I get off that?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderated

Depends on the tank sizes. If you are filling a 13 ci off a 115, I think you could get a few. If you are filling a 48 off a 72, only top offs. I'm considering this setup for myself, but I'll be filling a 13ci tank, and I take very few shots a day. You could cascade tanks, but that will get expensive fast, so a scuba becomes increasingly rational.

Are you familiar with the shoe box? Home << ShoeBox Compressors - The World's Smallest & Lightest 4500 PSI Compressor If you are only playing on the weekends and own your own tanks, this is a good option.
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
Depends on the tank sizes. If you are filling a 13 ci off a 115, I think you could get a few. If you are filling a 48 off a 72, only top offs. I'm considering this setup for myself, but I'll be filling a 13ci tank, and I take very few shots a day. You could cascade tanks, but that will get expensive fast, so a scuba becomes increasingly rational.

Are you familiar with the shoe box? Home << ShoeBox Compressors - The World's Smallest & Lightest 4500 PSI Compressor If you are only playing on the weekends and own your own tanks, this is a good option.
How long would that take to fill a 68/4500?
Old 10-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you look at the site and read the site... it depends on which model you buy..
It is not for quick fills and you would be better off getting a scuba and the shoebox so you can top off quickly and the pump will keep the supply tank filled.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields