mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

I posted in another thread similar to this a good while back..

I live near Philadelphia pa (about 15 minutes or so)
And started hangin out at an old state (mental) hospital around spring of 95.. The place closed in 91 and had tons of buildings on property..

Back in 06 into 07 I started doing security there hen a friends company took over .. He knew my background on the place and figure who better to help then someone who really knew the place..

For years we hung out there and only played once or twice. Becuase we didn't feel like dragging gear down just to catch a bad day the police actually decided to give a ****..

After the new security company took over they were began to tear the place down but still had pleanty of buildings ((all linked by underground tunnels from building to building )
At that point I got permission to basically do what I wanted ..
No one gave a **** if some of us played at that point ..it was amazing

200+acres but we stuck to buildings ,courtyards and in between..too much ground to play looking for a small handfuls of people and it was 9/10times every man for themself..

Start on a roof opposite the others,game is called ,masks go down And began..goddamn I miss this place.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.

Last edited by NoX13; 02-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paint Dribbler

I would love to play all of these places! I travel a bunch and have seen lots of abandoned buildings throughout the country. We should put these places to good use and play them!
spikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeball View Post
I would love to play all of these places! I travel a bunch and have seen lots of abandoned buildings throughout the country. We should put these places to good use and play them!
Except it would be trespassing as anyone who owns the property still would never allow it due to safety and liability issues despite anyone agreeing to sign waivers..

And if you can't get permission to play legally and get busted say goodbye to all your gear as it's going with the police .. And on top of that you pay a fine and have several charges on your record.. Trespassing,criminal mischief ,vandalism ,breaking and entering , destruction of property wct ect to name a few.

But it is a nice though..

There's a few places sitting un used near me and some other property thTs partially used I want to try to get permission to use,one is to rent/sale and I've thought about a kick starter for paintball /air soft to open small place at an old elementary school that sits for the last two or three years.. Figure if it was ever to happen to gain support I would allow local law enforcement to train free 1/2 nights a week and offer discounts for then to play..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

I used to play a couple of commercial places years ago.

Adrenaline Zone in Toledo, Ohio was an old abandoned industrial site that you played in and out of buildings along with areas in between.

Also played Paintball City (?) in Detroit which was the old Packard car plant. All inside play with derelict cars, boats and whatever. Even had the ability on some fields to play between floors. Was a lot easier to fight your way down than up. Parking was on the top floor and you walked down to the fields.

Miss both of them.
JMD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #35 (permalink)
feeling old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD00 View Post
Also played Paintball City (?) in Detroit which was the old Packard car plant. All inside play with derelict cars, boats and whatever. Even had the ability on some fields to play between floors. Was a lot easier to fight your way down than up. Parking was on the top floor and you walked down to the fields.
I suppose this is gone now that the Peruvian/Spanish guy bought the Packard plant for 400K.

Does anyone else know of places to play like that in/near Detroit?

Any Outlaws in MI?
zulubravo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I actually reffed a game held in a closed down movie theater. A well known family/business/group bought a bunch of land that had a mall, and movie theater on it, They tore down the mall, walmart built up, but before the theater was torn down, they hired us to play in it, I gotta say, a closed movie theater, with no power is quite creepy.
p8ntballsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

A local guy did the same thing- there was an old (built in the late 60s) movie complex, one building had two screens, a second building had a third. The 'third' building eventually deteriorated to the point where it wasn't worth repairing and/or bringing back up to code. It sat empty for several years, 'til they decided it was going to be demolished.

Buddy of mine talked to the owners and said hey, if you're going to knock it down anyway, let us use it for a winter for indoor games. Turned out to be so successful they ran it for 2, 2-1/2 years, with a second guy essentially subleting it for raves.

More local to me, I got to play here several times:

That was built in the 50s as some kind of radio-intercept base, was closed in the 70s and then turned into some kind of hydroponics test project, and finally abandoned in the late 80s.

When we first "found" it for PB, it'd been long abandoned and heavily stripped and vandalized. But it still had a big central room well over 100 feet square, probably closer to 100 x 150'.

Dark, of course, as only a little light snuck in from a couple openings. Here's a really-long-exposure shot:

But still playable. Lots of side rooms and corridors that could be used in addition to the main room.

Unfortunately, whatever land-owner group technically still owned the place found out about the people playing there, and kicked everyone off. I'm told the place was recently demolished because it was an "attractive nuisance" and just a matter of time before somebody got hurt.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #38 (permalink)
feeling old school

That's awesome Doc. Would have been a long drive for the rest of us, though

Any Outlaws in MI?
zulubravo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #39 (permalink)

Back when I was younger, there was a forest behind our house that had a single wide and a farm house. There had been a fire in the forest near it, the owners abandoned it, and the kids in the neighborhood starting playing paintball there. The farm house was a two story, and we would just play one side defending the house, the other using the single wide as cover. Was all fun and games until some other kids in another neighborhood down the road burned it down. Outlaw bunker was built, then eventually torn down when the land was sold for another development. Still, gave us a chance to use up left over paint from the fields.

As for the building Doc showed, is it weird that i'm sad that the bug had to see that?

And Doc, huge fan of the Whiteboard, just saying.

Has anyone thought of buying or leasing a building for these purposes? I know right by me I have at least 2 closed Winn-Dixies (for the ones who might not know, Winn-Dixie is a grocery store) that I have contemplated leasing for an indoor paint field/electric go-kart track. The things are huge, with lots of parking, right off major roads, and have been sitting there for at least 2 years empty and forgotten.

Last edited by chrisrook; 05-30-2014 at 12:52 PM.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Ahhhhh I have thought about abandoned buildings so many times! I live on the of suburb/country near London Ontario. Out in the middle of nowhere in the country, but not too far out, is an abandoned nursing home that I would love to play in! But all my friends have gotten out of paintball so I would have no one to play with. No fun. no fun. I am planning on biking out to it sometime next week, maybe I will take pictures. Unfortunately I have no idea who owns it, so I don't know where I could go to get permission.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew
Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 4x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Tippmann pre 2011 A 5, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 10x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC x2, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields