mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFishy View Post
Looks like the frame can still take the piranha frame. so the electro eforce is possible.

full Spyder threaded barrel? or is it just pipe threaded again?

If its a fair price on the dummy co2 kit that would be great. Could be added to lots of markers for cheap. Normally something like $30 for a dummy co2?
The barrel isn't like the USP.
Instead of having the barrel be integral to the gun and capped with a pipe-threaded tip, the SA-7 uses a removable nonthreaded barrel that's locked against the breach by the tip, which is cocker-threaded. The stock barrel is .687.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Instead of having the barrel be integral to the gun and capped with a pipe-threaded tip, the SA-7 uses a removable nonthreaded barrel that's locked against the breach by the tip, which is cocker-threaded. The stock barrel is .687.
interesting, wounder if any of these "aftermarket" barrels that will be made will fit my tm11a

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

want it . looks nice
i would so run that thing bottomlined lol
Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

so what material is the grip frame made out of?
Aluminum or some kind of composite?

might be a good core gun for a 12g powered custom build if you can cut away most of the grip frame with out hindering function.
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
so what your say inflicted, is the barrel is closely related to the pt extreme barrel, were the threads are actually under the sights at the tip of the barrel and if so means you can cut the threads off to use as a spacer to the breach and run any autococker barrel at the end of the "spacer/ stock barrel"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
so what your say inflicted, is the barrel is closely related to the pt extreme barrel, were the threads are actually under the sights at the tip of the barrel and if so means you can cut the threads off to use as a spacer to the breach and run any autococker barrel at the end of the "spacer/ stock barrel"
Not sure if I follow your question, but here's a diagram of the SA-17's barrel arrangement from the manual.
Not sure why the tip isn't depicted as being threaded.
http://www.paintballsafety.com/pdf/manuals/bt/SA-17.pdf
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
to give a visual aid PT Xtreme pistol what tf did here was cut the threads of the stock pt barrel (which are at the tip just before the muzzle break) and use the stock barrel as a spacer to use between the bolt and the threads which is were he screwed a spyder? barrel into, i was wondering if this could be possible in this situation with the sa-17?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Thanks for linking to the manual, Inflicted.

I really want to try that magazine on my TM-7. Looks like a Mini/TM-7/TM-15 detent, too. Lots of good features on paper.

How long are those breech inserts? I bet Tymcneer could whip up a nice brass one for underboring...
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK-13 View Post
so what material is the grip frame made out of?
Aluminum or some kind of composite?
My understanding is it's a standard PMI/Piranha composite (aka plastic) grip frame like a USP. Not bad, but I wouldn't want to make many structural changes to them unless you were cutting off the grip for use in a rifle/carbine, and they're not very thick if you're thinking in-grip air.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thumbs down

I don't know, as far as what they are competing with, they fall very short. I don't like it IMO. I give it 5 thumbs down.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke

Last edited by Mad Marty; 06-09-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Mad Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News