mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeven View Post
Hi guys.
This baller’s on my team. He’s a good kid and a good friend. As Hooligan said, he’s still in critical condition though he is getting better slowly. We’re hoping for the best and he's a heck of a fighter. Your well wishes, I’m sure, are appreciated and will be forwarded to his family.
Regarding joking, people that aren’t personally vested in the situation can’t be expected to take EVERYTHING seriously and being struck by lightning is extremely rare so joking is to be expected.
To try to answer some questions, He usually uses an SP-1 and I believe he has it with him CO. I’m not sure of the type of barrel he uses though or the gun’s current condition.
great response! very well articulated, my man....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccolter View Post
I'm curious as to how he was hit in the first place. Was it just out of the blue? Around here, the second we hear thunder we have to stop playing.
it would seem sensible that a field would require all games to cease during a lightning storm for ple player wellfare if not for simple risk mitigation. if he was hit by the first bolt of the day then that has to be a one-in-a-bazillion occurance.
G-FOURce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Making moves since '03

Wow definitely a freak occurence, weather out in CO can be crazy/unpredictable sometimes. Hope he's back on the field in no time and props to my fellow servicemembers!

My Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...rick_18-a.html
ACI_Maverick_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm actually amazed that lighting isn't a larger cause of injuries considering how many times this type of weather takes place each day.

Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recover for the guy.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

prayers go out to him, hope he has a quick recovery.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
I can't even imagine how much it would suck to get hit by lightning. I grabbed a live 110vac wire a couple weeks back, and that hurt a lot. Lightning is a whole other story.
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Well, Dragonman's has some really really tall hills in the middle of nowhere (the kind of place where lightning can strike out of nowhere).. and isn't really the kind of field that has any sort of shutdown policy.. it's a step above renegade (although a lot of fun to play).

Best wishes for the chap..
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Glad to hear he's getting better though. Best wishes for him, maybe I'll see him sometime in the next couple of years. (going to CO for college.)

People joke about me being a lightning rod (6'5") so hopefully I avoid the same fate.

Hopefully he'll have a swift recovery, and come back with one more story and one less thing on the 'to do' list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
UPDATE:

Mike is responding to his family now. He can write to them and responds to questions.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

Sweet!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Unseen

Send a message via AIM to Vitamin J

Damn, I'm glad I decided to paintball Sunday or that could have been me! Hopefully he makes a good recovery and isn't permanentally fused to his SP-1!

Must have been unreal to have seen that live.

As has been said before, Dragonman's isn't the safest place to play, you really have to accept responsibility for yourself. This will make me think twice about playing out there in the lightning again though.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News