mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhand View Post
I seem to remember someone else trying to market UV/glow paint and loaders. Anybody remember this? right around 2000-02?
Tracerball and the Ricochet UV?
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...uv/index.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKuHVKCvm4
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Long before that, there was another brand of "Tracerballs" that had a glow shell. The tracer unit that they were sold with fit on the end of your barrel and worked a camera flash.

And I'm pretty sure there was phosphoric paint on the market in the late 90s (glow upon impact.) But that could have been ghostware.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #73 (permalink)

Hydrotec's actuall fill will have a long term glow from what i understand and itll have a clear shell which seems cool. that way you dont need the loader to do it, just leave it under a lamp before you play
Wico90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ETA on this paint? January's half gone...

Carter's Commando Texas Division

My Feedback:
- MCB Feedback Thread -- +12 / -0
- eBay Feedback -- +76 / -0
randyshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Long before that, there was another brand of "Tracerballs" that had a glow shell. The tracer unit that they were sold with fit on the end of your barrel and worked a camera flash.
That's the setup demonstrated in the Youtube video.
While the camera doesn't show it, the Youtube description says that there's an illuminator on the end of the barrel.
RTC Tracer Model One Tracerball Illuminator - Very Rare
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
That's the setup demonstrated in the Youtube video.
While the camera doesn't show it, the Youtube description says that there's an illuminator on the end of the barrel.
RTC Tracer Model One Tracerball Illuminator - Very Rare
http://www.tsmg.org/P1000508.JPG

That's the one. I had one of those at one point. That was a fun time. You could just dust any paintballs with glow in the dark paint.

But the tracer unit definitely couldn't keep up with much more than 10 bps or so.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wico90 View Post
Hydrotec's actuall fill will have a long term glow from what i understand and itll have a clear shell which seems cool. that way you dont need the loader to do it, just leave it under a lamp before you play
I know I said novelty but oh man if it comes out and shoots somebody and it looks like when this guy gets shot.

Then I would definately pick some up for ****s and giggles.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #78 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Wondering if Hydrotec is ever going to be released!

On a related note...

I have two unopened bags of RPS Premium and decided to get some info on weight. Although not precise for exact ball weight, I figured based on the full bag weight (3 lbs 9 oz divided by 500) that the per ball weight is 3.23g.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #79 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Some more weight data (admittedly not precise measurements)...

I got some Allstar yesterday at Battlezone Paintball in Mansfield OH at a game and have less than a pod left that I brought home. The paint shot pretty good but was freaking TINY. It rolled right through an .684 sizer with much room to spare. I am guessing it had to be in the .676-.678 range.

I figured this might be a good test to see how much a small paintball might weigh compared to the 3.2 grams that seems to be a pretty average weight for slightly larger paintballs.

Using my digital hanging scale, I zeroed it out after putting a ziploc bag on the hook and began adding balls. I stopped when it just reached 10 ounces. The last ball caused it to just barely go from 9 ounces to 10 ounces so it is very close to 10 ounces exactly.

10 ounces translates to 283.495 grams. It took 96 paintballs to reach 10 ounces on the scale so that gives a ball weight of 2.953 grams.

Hydrotec is reportedly going to weigh around 2.7 or 2.8 grams. Yesterday's batch of Allstar I used performed well (aside from the rollouts I got - my plastic nubbins didn't stop it from rolling out of the .687 Lapco on my Automag). I didn't notice any decrease in range or breaking and was actually quite pleased at the performance compared to the Stinger I got at that field last time I played there.

I think the weight difference we are going to see will be offset by the alleged increased size (compared to most paint on the market these days), roundness and consistency that Hydrotec says it will deliver.

At least this is my hope!

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #80 (permalink)

These sound really interesting. Cant wait to see if they are as good as they sound!

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News