mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
daddy likes
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

180.00 for pants?

180 for a mesh vest with molle straps?

DYE, your crazy!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
ger
Nothing to see here folks

Pretty typical pricing for DYE so I'm not suprised.

Though, I think I may have found my new mask... love those "Multicamish" I4's.

R.I.P. Battlefront Paintball
ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
180.00 for pants?

180 for a mesh vest with molle straps?

DYE, your crazy!
oooo corporate on corporate trash talk lol
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

The copy their marketing guys have written about "Dye Cam" is pretty funny.
https://shop.dyepaintball.com/tac_am/dyecam/

Quote:
The paintball world is overloaded with camouflage patterns. Fabrics range from traditional woodland camo, tiger stripe camo, “camouflage” tournament graphics and everything in between. We researched and tested every style available, finding a fundamental flaw. Each camouflage pattern attempts to conceal the paintball player in only one type of environment. While there are many location-specific patterns, DyeCam™ is designed to blend in well across a broad range of environmental conditions. As paintball players ourselves, we all know that every event location has its own unique terrain, requiring a specific color range to truly and effectively blend into the environment. This creates an overwhelming number of options for paintball players to choose from. This ultimately requires players to have a specific camouflage pattern for every event they attend. These locations range from the light-colored, high desert terrain of the West Coast, to the mid-tones of mossy oaks in the Mid West and all the way to the lush green palms and marshes of the East Coast.

Because of the large variety of locations where tournaments and events are held, we set out to develop a single camouflage pattern specifically designed to help the wearer hide in all of the environments during multiple seasons, even at different elevations and light conditions. Adapted from proven military color palettes and shapes, we’ve taken our DyeCam™ to the next level. DyeCam™ merges complex halftone camouflage patterns with specific Pantone™ gradients, creating an illusive visual profile in a wide range of terrains. This design allows the graphic pattern to blend the user into the environment by tricking the human eye, blurring the user’s silhouette and allowing folds of the garment to become the hard-line depth of the foreground. While there are other location-specific camouflages available, DyeCam™ utilizes above-average shapes and blending to produce a universal camouflage for every environment.

The DyeCam™ pattern is designed to reflect a portion of the colors particular to a specific environment. When the user is in a dense, green forest, the pattern will take on an overall appearance of green. When the user is in an open, dry brush landscape, the pattern will take on an overall tan appearance. By adapting to varying light conditions, this design takes advantage of the way the human eye perceives color and shapes. Due to the fact that only a small segment of the human eye perceives color, our brains typically “fill in” the rest. DyeCam™ takes advantage of this principle and forces the observer to “see” the pattern as if it were the background itself. After several attempts of prototyping and testing our unique pattern, we found it to be more effective than we thought possible. Through this rigorous testing, DyeCam™ came out on top among all other paintball specific camouflage patterns. We fine tuned it to near perfection, and the result is one of the most versatile camouflage patterns available to the paintball world. A camouflage so effective, it leaves others in the dust. We are proud to present DyeCam™.
Translation: "We've followed Valken and BT's lead and copied Crye's Multicam but changed it enough to where they can't sue us. Now buy our $100 shirts!"

If you don't feel like waiting for DYE's website to load, TechPB has some pretty good coverage of the launch of this stuff at this year's World Cup: TechPB 2010 PSP World Cup Coverage - Wednesday - TechPB Forums
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Crye Multicam isn't cheap either.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

There's always MultiSham.
Multicam Tactical BDU Uniform Field Shirt + Pants V3-L - eBay (item 280575624817 end time Oct-21-10 21:46:17 PDT)
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Heh.

Quote:
These locations range from the light-colored, high desert terrain of the West Coast, to the mid-tones of mossy oaks in the Mid West and all the way to the lush green palms and marshes of the East Coast.
Hm... Methinks someone at Dye needs a geography lesson.

If only I4s fit my noggin... being able to eat a cheeseburger with one on isn't a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wish Dye would remember not all players are tournament player sized.
It would be cool to see some 4x or larger sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samurai sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post160057 MY FEEDBACK
skipjack289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
So they don't snub the woods anymore? Interesting, considering past attitudes and choices.

Probably a good thing, can only lead to more robust equipment on both sides.
The whole "industry" is forcing themselves upon the woods stuff.... lucky us.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News