mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
$100 Market should NOT be abandoned to Kingman - and you forget to mention Azodin.
I actually meant the sub-$100 market, $100 is not too much to pay in my estimation, but I take your point...

it just seems to me that there must be a minimal level of expenditure to produce a reliable marker. granted, we dont know the details, but we do know that tippman meets the reliability mark at $100 and we know that Kingman and Azodin do-not meet that mark at a lower price range. I guess I dont have that much confidence in a sub $100 price point (that isnt a Sheridan-based pump), which may be prejudiced, but id like to be proven otherwise before changing my mind.

if this is some strategy to kill kingman im all for it I suppose, but I feel that producing shoddy markers discourages more new players than it encourages. when a noob's $35 walmart special breaks after the fourth time they play they're more liable to throw it away (or put it on CL....same thing really) than get it fixed, and in my mind, less likely to stay w/ the sport.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #32 (permalink)

Here's a video that shows them being used in action: Gryphon Paintball
At one point you get a view of the rear internals:
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I'm really curious as to how this thing comes apart for cleaning.
Good point.

I will never, ever, tear apart a Triumph again.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I like the look of it. It is always nice to have options when buying your first marker.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Good point.

Based on this picture,

I'm assuming that the shiny red panels are a cosmetic overlay that snap together to form an outer shell. The plastic underneath has the waffled texture of a "naked" DYE DMC or Brass Eagle Cybrid with the panels pulled off.
The inner gun looks to be made of black plastic and is held together by approximately 900 screws, like a Triumph.

The six little light dots spread around the frame almost make me think of tiny magnets holding the shell on, but that would be really cost-prohibitive.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

finally a non-milsim looking gun. now just do one with Phenom internals.
I love Tippmanns, but sometimes people just want a paintball gun and not an M-16/AK/MP/whatever.
When I first saw the e-mail, I thought "O no" , but it does have 98 internals, so it should work well. we will just have to wait and see.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

We understand that there are markers already being made at this price point, but the issue is the quality of those markers.

A persons first experience playing is critical. If you go out and play and your equipment does not work or it breaks, that person may never play again.

We feel this marker appeals to the new player and will be durable. This marker will give the beginning player a good experience and hopefully that person will continue to grow in the sport of paintball
TippmannEmployee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Will these come in a model with ACT?
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
...but we do know that tippman meets the reliability mark at $100 and we know that Kingman and Azodin do-not meet that mark at a lower price range.
We know? Can you post some reference material for the Azodin part of the above statement? Never used one or read anything negative about in terms of reliability.

The 98C is not the best way to introduce a player to the game - since it feels entirely different from most other markers. They don't learn how to aim down the barrel with a center feed or proper stances - they get locked into the side-feed setup.

There's still a lot of information missing - how easy it is to disassemble, efficiency, trigger quality - etc. There's really not enough to discuss at this point, and it's bad to cast judgment based on assumptions.

Last edited by Tenet; 11-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Good point.
never. that was the biggest headache in my life. over 25 screws/bolts. it might as well have been made of aluminum
Syrup49 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News