mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
lol why is it the only thing that comes to mind for a gps system that tracks players would be like on mw2 with that hearbeat sensor, to mount the iphone on your gun sideways and be able to flip open when you need it lol.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rejected by Caelus

That's exactly what we're talking about here...hell, if heartbeat sensors weren't $30k, and larger and heavier than a rifle, we'd be looking at using them, too.

Also:

Buy T-Cube Motion Tracker Unit (Dual Pack) (Free Shipping)-Electronic Positioning Devices & other Airsoft gun accessories at redwolfairsoft.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/116955-gunraptors-feedback.html
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Winnebago Send a message via Yahoo to Winnebago

pfft. gps is so 1990s... go buy yourself a predator drone and see the battlefield in real time.

""Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." - Ayn Rand

- I demand MY fair share of YOUR hard work. -

For Sale: Angel Mamba Fly
Angel Parts
MCB Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

CCM Fan
There is a radio controlled helicopter called the Parrot AR drone that has 4 rotors and a camera and you control it with your iPhone and see what the camera sees. I just don't think it would do well covered in paint

My Feedback
MEGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I think I just got a little too excited.......oh god.....it's like Christmas.....I'm in.

Playing around with it right now. Seems pretty solid. Though you would need a cheap and/or rugged device to run it. Either marker mounted or arm mounter seems like the best option. iPhone with an otter case would be alright. Or, you know, could go all out with the itronix GP300 from General Dynamics, though the lack of a camera would prevent AR use.
Tactical Pip-Boy. Tac-Boy. WIN.
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

now what we need is to tag your opponents before the match with gps beacons, and then use a tracker.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
pfft. gps is so 1990s... go buy yourself a predator drone and see the battlefield in real time.
lol.... I thought the same thing at first. I remember playing with a GPS mounted to my guns back in 1995. I used a cellphone mount for my hopper.

The BattleTac system is obviously far more advanced, since the leaders can pinpoint all the other players. In my case, if we were using radios, I could call the leader, tell him where I was according to the GPS, and ask where he would like me to move.

At the time, I really liked playing solo in the big games, and always tried to get behind enemy lines to direct the flow of battle.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

In big games it'd be really nice even for just finding where your buddies are. "by the big oak tree" isn't particularly useful information in a forest full of trees and other guys dressed in camo
Matt Ribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yeah, particularly for traveling players who often visit fields they've never been too before. You can give all the visible landmarks you want over the radio but if someone's never been to that area before it doesn't really help.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
That's exactly what we're talking about here...hell, if heartbeat sensors weren't $30k, and larger and heavier than a rifle, we'd be looking at using them, too.

Also:

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload.../TQ-MTU-DP.jpg
Buy T-Cube Motion Tracker Unit (Dual Pack) (Free Shipping)-Electronic Positioning Devices & other Airsoft gun accessories at redwolfairsoft.com
I love how the dude is running around a public tennis court with full tac gear and vest on lol.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News