mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Millertime

I'm definitely liking the sleek-ness of this one. My question is will the new apex tip be compatible with apex v1 barrels? The grooves in the end of the barrel look close to v1 barrels but a measurement would be ideal.
Millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Do want. Will be getting one.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
I'm definitely liking the sleek-ness of this one. My question is will the new apex tip be compatible with apex v1 barrels? The grooves in the end of the barrel look close to v1 barrels but a measurement would be ideal.
yeah, i'd love to know the answer to this as well
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks. Now I need to add one of these to my wish list...
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well I did use one of these at Fall Castle and I had an absolute blast with it.I shot just about a case of paint through this and had no barrel breaks. It has been awhile since I had an Apex1 but I remember getting a lot of barrel breaks with it. Aiming the barrel requires a bit of finesse. I would have to shoot this some more to get used to the trajectory. I did have some good laughs when I was able to shoot up and over a wall and have the balls come back down to get people out who were on the upper levels at Castle. Now that we can show the pictures we can do some better testing.
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by C5TEK; 11-18-2010 at 11:38 AM.
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

I find the Apex a little frustrating, just because the extra distance means a wider spread of impacts at the least. It is fun to zip balls under the tree branches and straight over the far bunker without challenge, but field grade paint makes it hard to catch a muppet sometimes.

We have a bunker field that I need to try the "dive-bomb" setting on.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
They call me Alter She-Go

Send a message via AIM to Krunk_Kracker Send a message via MSN to Krunk_Kracker

Are there plans to make you one that doesn't require an Apex ready barrel? Maybe some sort of clamping system, as long as the barrel doesn't have some sort of crazy muzzle break?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
Are there plans to make you one that doesn't require an Apex ready barrel? Maybe some sort of clamping system, as long as the barrel doesn't have some sort of crazy muzzle break?
The Apex1 could be purchased in that config, so I would assume the answer would be "yes". Otherwise, they would omit a large market for sales. I have an APEX1 on my Painter. No barrel break issues.

I do like the narrow footprint of this new one.
JeramieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
I managed to get an Apex 1 on a stock phantom barrel. Fit pretty well, but didn't work that well. I'm guessing it's because of the way the barrel opens up by the porting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
That was my issue too, hence why this one is the smallest diameter it could be.

To answer some other questions...

The mounting system is the same.

Here's a prototype tip being tested on a Lapco barrel.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pex2lapco3.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pex2lapco2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pex2lapco1.jpg

The only issue may be the diameter of the barrel after the mounting system. The lapco is narrower, so you may want to add tape to make sure it is a very snug fit. With a larger barrel (if that even exists) you may want to cut back the plastic parts of the Apex (that wouldn't affect performance if done correctly).
i love the idea of the apex, and the apex2 looks great...nice and sleek and all, but i dont like how much of the barrel it swallows up just to mount it. It means that i cant use it on the lapco str8 shot i have because its not long enough

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News