mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have yet to see this thing in person, but the price diff is $150. The relay is already an $80 upgrade, not sure why it costs that much. Ignoring that for a minute, you get a longer frame, ball bearing trigger, and tool-less bolt removal for $70 more. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'm not even factoring in any minor issues they've worked out and the micro switch trigger which seems to me like a more reliable and adjustable solution.
LCheung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
maybe I just had what seems to be a rare one but I really liked my mini, sad I had to sell it...this one though, way too expensive....
From what I understand the later Versions of mini (especially V3) were pretty much issue free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
From what I understand the later Versions of mini (especially V3) were pretty much issue free
funny thing is that I had the V1. only problem with it was when it had been sitting for awhile and you gassed it up it would leak a tiny little bit down the barrel. all i had to do was screw the VA in all the way and then back it out and re-chrono. it was a little bit annoying, but considering the cost (got used for sub 200), how well it shot, and how much I liked the size (big fan of smaller markers personally), it was worth it

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I wouldn't mind having one - and I am not an electro guy. Just wish that it had a sight rail for mounting one of my Armson sights.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm not usually an electro kind of guy, but I think I would like one of these. Mini's always felt like eMags to me, the way they shot and all. They were just too dang tiny for me to get real comfortable with. If this fixes that, I might look into one sometime in the future.

Call me crazy, but I like a solid 8lb setup in my hand. The Mini just couldn't do that.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Rude Boy
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

My Hot-Rod:
Black Promaster #92 - ICDU Ram, Bob Long Marq HPR, AKA SCMIII LPR, eBay Valve, Maddman Lightened Valve Spring, Custom Bolt Pin, Modified Bolt, Kila Drive Board, Kila Magnetic Detents & Eye Covers, CP Sling Trigger, CCM No-Pro Feedneck, Bob Long Gear Drive On/Off ASA, full Freak kit. All fed by my Dye Rotor

Feedback
New_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spoken.

I never paid more than $180 for a MINI, and never had an issue from any of them. Once these hit the used section for $250, I will pick one up.
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Jdaddy615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I like the evolution logo

because i use it also sad times
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

We just got them in the store Tuesday. I have to say it feels a lot nicer overall than a mini. There is no side to side play on the trigger, there is a micro switch, the gun is bigger and a heavier leading to its super solid feel. The size of the gun make it easy and natural to hold which is a plus to us people without T-rex hands. Don't look at the Axe like a glorified mini, look at it like its stronger more well defined and experienced older brother. With that being said I sold my beloved dust green Mini yesterday due to me never seeing myself using it again now that I have a Axe.

Al
707, 007, Blazer, V2 LE, Tippmann FA, Warp Feed, Gen1 SFL, Ironman DM3s, Prototype T2, Prototype SS25s, Alien LED Angel, Super Nova, Brass, Budd Orr Garage Cockers and Snipers, F1, F2, and all the new stuff too.
proshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dept of Redundancy Dept.

AKA Fan
hmmm

Might have to get one to try out!!
Tcom022 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News