mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
KEE Signs Huge Wal-Mart Distribution Deal

Didn't see anyone post this yet.

Copied from Paintball.com

KEE Signs Huge Wal-Mart Distribution Deal

Photobucket
by Chris "IQ" Iaquinta
PaintBall.com Editor-in-Chief

“This is the most important deal to happen to paintball in the last five years. It will provide the opportunity our sport needs to relight the spark that will help introduce a whole new generation of players to paintball, and start a whole new evolution of the game.” – Billy Ceranski, Director of Sales, KEE Action Sports.

PaintBall.com has confirmed in an exclusive phone interview with KEE Action Sports executive Billy Ceranski that the company has signed a substantial distribution deal with mega retail chain Wal-Mart for their JT line of gear, said to be one of the largest in the sports history. While Ceranski was unable to confirm the number of Wal-Mart locations that will be carrying their products, the total insertion is expected to be considerable.

The flagship item to be featured in-store will be a series of “Ready to Play” kits in the form of complete paintball packages. These all-in-one packages will include a marker, loader, pre-filled CO2 cartridge, goggle system and paintballs, and is designed to give players an instant paintball solution that will allow them to head straight to the field and play without the need for additional accessories. Each package will also come with a free rookie pass, a special paintball field entry promotion that KEE developed to urge new players to visit their local fields.

Ceranski attributes the success of the deal to the KEE management team, who has been working diligently on the project for weeks. He also confirmed that a portion of all the proceeds from sales generated through Wal-Mart will be reinvested back into the growth of paintball, including the creation of new marketing campaigns aimed at new and beginning players.

“This new opportunity with Wal-Mart is not just about providing their customers with reliable and affordable equipment, but also giving back to the paintball community and putting a focus on growing and expanding the overall player base,” said Ceranski. “Our team is 100% dedicated to ensuring that a whole new era of paintball is on the horizon, and we look forward to helping make that future a reality.”

KEE has been heavily involved in the paintball community and educating the general public about the game in recent months. They attended two of the largest Boy Scout events in the nation, where Empire Paintball-branded shooting arenas and instructional classes were made available to the scouts. The company also unveiled a new billboard campaign this year, all in an effort to increase overall awareness of paintball.

The total impact of a deal of this magnitude has the capacity to produce worldwide benefits for the game, as the initial mainstream popularity boom that paintball experienced over a decade ago was due in large part to the success that major paintball retailers were having in chains like Wal-Mart.

“It’s truly amazing what this deal can mean for the future of the paintball industry,” said Giovanni D’Egidio, co-owner of Giant Paintball, the largest chain of paintball fields in the country. “KEE has managed to strike a deal that we feel will be capable of helping pull the paintball economy out of its slump, and produce a variety of positive benefits for both players and field owners around the country.”

PaintBall.com will continue to track this story and bring you new developments as they happen. You can learn more about KEE at KEE Action Sports.

My comment:

In my humble opinion, Kee should stop with the crusade they've embarked on here and instead continue to improve their product offerings...

And by the way, thanks for the final stake in the JT brand name (yes I know it's been in walmart for a while now, but when Kee bought B.E., they could have revived it to be great!). Should have branded everything for wallyworld Extreme Rage.

Ebay Feedback

Last edited by RCasna; 12-03-2010 at 10:33 AM.
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What are they carrying and how over priced will it be? I'm tired of seeing $200+ 98 customs
Cheap-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
so which products will be offered? I assume the ER-2 will be one...

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Removed due to my opinions being inflammatory and off the mark. Excuse me

Last edited by medic67; 12-03-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: addition
medic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

I'm interested as well, though I have a feeling it will end up just being crappy gear like it used to be

Doesn't mean I'll be ditching my local proshop any time soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

If it gets more new people interested in paintball, then it will actually help the local paintball shop, if they are doing it right. If they are trying to compete with WalMart head to head, they are doing it wrong and chances are they would be heading for failure with or without the big box stores selling paintball gear.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic67 View Post
Coming soon to your town, your Local Paintball Pro Shop is CLOSED.
Can someone please pull the knife out of my back while I turn the lights off in my shop for the last time.
Unless most of what you sell is JT brand, I don't think you need to worry about it. Unless I misread that, it looks like the distribution is for the JT line that KEE owns, not all KEE products. ER2 player kits, JT attire and paint. I'm sure they'll get a low/mid level mech in the lineup for JT as well.

Quote:
I'm interested as well, though I have a feeling it will end up just being crappy gear like it used to be
I'm sure it'll be a good bit of entry level gear - that's kinda the purpose. However, I don't think we'll see the heaps of garbage that we used to. KEE seems to be doing good things in teh industry recently.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Meh, walmart sells chinese made crap anyway, so KEE will fit right in

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

same as my first post.

Last edited by medic67; 12-03-2010 at 12:43 PM.
medic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
Unless most of what you sell is JT brand, I don't think you need to worry about it. Unless I misread that, it looks like the distribution is for the JT line that KEE owns, not all KEE products. ER2 player kits, JT attire and paint. I'm sure they'll get a low/mid level mech in the lineup for JT as well.

I'm sure it'll be a good bit of entry level gear - that's kinda the purpose. However, I don't think we'll see the heaps of garbage that we used to. KEE seems to be doing good things in teh industry recently.

^^^ This... ^^^
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News