mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Looks like a pretty nice pack overall, but boo for "proprietary camo" that happens to look just like ACU... which is horrible enough in its own right. I don't get why companies seem to ignore the options that work with everything- Tan, Black, and OD green.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
They need a tpx pack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I REALLY like the idea of having, chunky, HEAVY pull tabs for the straps. Scenario and woods players usually have to put their empty pods back into their harness rather than leave them all over the field, and putting pods back into a pack with one hand is a tricky thing to do when you have to do it by touch. The extra weight of the rubber tabs should also help opened tabs to hang straight down rather than getting snagged on the velcro of their neighboring slots. Someone at Tippmann has been thinking.
Yeah, we have the same rubber tabs on some of our OEM gear, pretty nice, but I wouldn't give Tippmann too much credit here. Not sure who came out with the original design, but Tippmann is relatively late.

That said, I really don't see the point of this, other than Tippmann obviously wanting a piece of the pie. The last thing this industry needs is another brand of pretty much the same soft goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
Looks like a pretty nice pack overall, but boo for "proprietary camo" that happens to look just like ACU... which is horrible enough in its own right. I don't get why companies seem to ignore the options that work with everything- Tan, Black, and OD green.
We find that pretty much everyone wants some form of "digi." I don't get it myself, but that's the demand. Digi, and plain black. No one buys OD or other plain colors.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I REALLY like the idea of having, chunky, HEAVY pull tabs for the straps. Scenario and woods players usually have to put their empty pods back into their harness rather than leave them all over the field, and putting pods back into a pack with one hand is a tricky thing to do when you have to do it by touch. The extra weight of the rubber tabs should also help opened tabs to hang straight down rather than getting snagged on the velcro of their neighboring slots.
I experience this a lot, but on a vest since I need a hydration pack and ID/map pockets etc.

I'm still working on a TPX as primary solution, the holster is nice, but then I need extra mag holders and more paint.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Tippmann does have their own camo pattern, they adopted it after they and specops went separate ways. I've seen it in person and in my memory, this pic shows the color best:

Where the colors go from dark green to sickly greenish yellow, and no tan at all.
The pic of this harness doesn't look like that at all. Either the harness doesn't match their other gear or, they color balance of their cameras are way out of whack...
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

I hate to seem like piling on (because I really love tippman products and own some) but this is day late and dollar short.

NXE (own one when came out) made this years ago.

While I have no doubt it is quality made and probibly reasonably priced.
The only thing going for it is a fuctional and cool cammo pattern.

Something NXE did not have.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News