mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I thought you knew about the 12 gram changer problem. Hell I thought that was the reason you sent it back to KEE.

Well it looks like I'll be trying that dream mod after all lol.
No, mine was leaking from the pierce seal when it was cold, that was all I cared about. And as for the launching being a "problem"... Well, my DSG doesn't have ANY clips and I haven't managed to kill anyone with a 12g yet... This is another case of trying to make something idiot proof when we all know someone will come along and find a way to be a better idiot. The whole point of a leverchange is a lightning fast CO2 change, if they were going to do this they might as well have abandoned the lever, saved some weight and gone with a Zeus-style screw-in plug. So pissed right now...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
No, mine was leaking from the pierce seal when it was cold, that was all I cared about. And as for the launching being a "problem"... Well, my DSG doesn't have ANY clips and I haven't managed to kill anyone with a 12g yet... This is another case of trying to make something idiot proof when we all know someone will come along and find a way to be a better idiot. The whole point of a leverchange is a lightning fast CO2 change, if they were going to do this they might as well have abandoned the lever, saved some weight and gone with a Zeus-style screw-in plug. So pissed right now...
Don't worry, when it comes back it'll have a nice safe twistplug. You know, like on the TPX?

I don't see how this is a problem that needs a solution. It's a lever changer. They've worked this way for decades.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't see how this is a problem that needs a solution. It's a lever changer. They've worked this way for decades.
My point exactly. And now my choices when I get it back are:

A) Modify the new clips, making it "unsafe" in the eyes of the paintball community

B) Give up on 12g's altogether and fab up another air-thru grip like my Zeus and run it on a remote line.

Neither of which are a terribly compelling option since one of the best features of the SA17 was its 12g efficiency, and if I ever want to get rid of it I'd have to deal with KEE again to get new parts. Frankly I'd rather
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
I've gotta say that your experiences with them are leading me to consider other options - I was thinking of getting one of these.
Mursy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

If the new clips install with a simple squeeze and twist of the pliers, why not just remove them? And insert some kind of centering sleeve.

On 12g's rockets topic. I recently got a Micro CA Lever stock for my BM Sniper. So I throw a 12ie in there, air it up.. Sweet that was very fast and easy... pump out a few shots, don't want to shoot the whole 12ie since I live in a condo and I'm sure my fellow tiny box in the sky livers around me ( I hate living in an app/condo.. I miss grass ) would love me. I decide to check out how quick it is to eject the spent 12ie.. Well.... VERY quickly when its only 5 shots old haha. Good thing it hit my laundry basket and not my wall of markers.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
Snowdawgy narrowly missed my head with his 6pak once...
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
Reading about you guys shooting 12 grams and watching them fly reminds me of an incident that happened at the shop a long time ago. Some Sunday a long time ago, Dad and I were using the cutting torch for some project outside of the shop doors. I don't know exactly how it happened, but the dolly that we keep the full size bottles on got knocked over. In the fall the regulators both busted and sent the bottles and dolly torpedoing up the sidewalk. Thank god the bottles were almost empty when this happened otherwise we could of had a serious problem on our hands. Fortunately nobody was hurt.
Wow that was really lucky that they were almost empty
Full size tank rockets>12g rockets
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Long ago I coined the term Shiney Object Syndrome or SOS for short as a notorious wallet debilitating disease. Nowhere is it so alive as here at MCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd sell any other possessions, property, children, extra organs or sexual services before I'd sell my paintball gear. Hell, I'd sell other peoples property before I sold my gear
massdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Howdy!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
Snowdawgy narrowly missed my head with his 6pak once...
Oh how I want a 6pak...

And I myself use to do a lot of air gun shooting (high-powered pellet guns). I had a handful of 12g layin around so I got the bright idea to shot em.

The first one I hit broke of the top part of the 12g that bottle-necks and it went flying straight towards me, hit my window, and cracked the hell out of it. It was worth it.

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

On the topic of 12 gram rockets, I remember somewhere on here somebody using the Fassst changer on their PGP to do a "Bonzi Torpedo Attack" with the 12ie. lol
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

The problem here is really 12g cartridges and their inconsistent manufacturing, I'd say. Obviously we only account for a fraction of their market, but I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a move towards getting these things improved.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News