mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Pump increased to $1k? I think I'll be seeing you all at NEPL instead. I might have been interested in going to HB or LV. I've already been to DC and that's the only one that would be affordable from here.

Last edited by grimace; 01-21-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
yeah i do HB not only for the game but as a vacation with my friends
And to come see your friends, right??

It will be interesting to see how the price increase effects the over all turn out from the pump community. Look forward to seeing whoever still decides to come out.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Milquetoast

meh...
ConradNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

you guys should just be happy where getting pump league on huge national tournament
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
you guys should just be happy where getting pump league on huge national tournament
Agreed to a certain degree. Happy yes. I love what the NPPL has done, and what Kristen did with the Old School Challenge to get that going with the NPPL. If it wasn't for the hard work from the OSC back in 2006 and 2007 we wouldn't have all this now.

The NPPL runs their own pump division now, and that's great. But if the cost keeps going up, people will not go and show up. Which in return will make pump look bad and eventually they will shut down the pump division.

So what's the solution? Pay the big bucks to play on the national level to keep it on the national level? Sort of a bad catch 22.

In DC we only had 6 pump teams show up. That's it. Now with it costing that much more, and not knowing how much more flights, gas, etc will be... Do you think charging the pump guys more will bring in more teams? Or less...

And if there were less, the event would have been cancelled.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
And to come see your friends, right??
Yes ma'am. Always a good time! cant wait for this year!
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Milquetoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
ConradNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pump Pump Shoot SH*T!

Short of having to clean less paint off the fields why should pump cost less? Its the same if not more work for the NPPL to get us out there. I for one look forward to the price increase in hopes that they take our business more seriously this time around. I play pump paintball because I enjoy Pump Paintball and a lot of Pump Paintball players not because its cheaper. I guess the airlines should give us discounts too because were pump players.

Truth is its only about 40-60 more a guy if you have a decent roster. I wish they would charge us 600 per team and event and drop prizes all together.
num3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by num3n View Post
Short of having to clean less paint off the fields why should pump cost less? Its the same if not more work for the NPPL to get us out there. I for one look forward to the price increase in hopes that they take our business more seriously this time around. I play pump paintball because I enjoy Pump Paintball and a lot of Pump Paintball players not because its cheaper. I guess the airlines should give us discounts too because were pump players.
True. It is still the cheapest division to sign up for. I play it because i have a lot of friends and family come out to support me and my team that whole weekend. The only problem I see is the possibility of not taking the pump players seriously. Like free bird mentioned, taking the top 4 instead of 8. However, they did seem to do a good job last year at HB compared to 2009. Hopefully this year will be even better. I can't speak for any other event though because I have not played them.

I play HB for the venue, family friends, and to network. Helps that I am local too.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

I can't believe I missed it last year, but I want to make this an annual thing. I'll fly from Canada to play as it's easily the best day of paintball fun I've ever had.

I needs a team! Wilted, hook me up!!

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News