mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   NPPL 2011 Rule Book Released (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/152353-nppl-2011-rule-book-released.html)

Spoon 02-25-2011 11:49 AM

NPPL 2011 Rule Book Released

This is kind of a relief since they were working with 2008 or 2009 rules all last season.

http://www.nppl.com/pdf/NPPL-Rulebook-2011.pdf

Worth noting:

Protected Color is Yellow

And some info on the seeding/ranking/rounds.

Quote:

26. Tournament Rounds of Play
26.01 Preliminary Round. All teams will be scheduled to play eight games in the preliminary round as long as there are 9 teams or more in the division. If there are 8 teams or less in a division, then the teams will play less than 8 games or be moved up a division. All games will be played against teams from the same division.
Quote:

26.03 Quarter Final Round. D1, D2, D3 and D4 teams will qualify for the Quarterfinal rounds in the following manner:
(1) If there are 10 teams or less in the division, there will be no quarter final round and the top four teams will qualify directly for the Semi Final round.
(2) If the Division has 11 teams, but less than 24 teams then the top 8 teams will qualify for the quarterfinal round. Then the 8 teams will skip the Sweet 16 round and advance to the Elite 8 round of the quarterfinals.
I have my issues with the NPPL and I try to keep them to myself but a couple of things come up here.

1) They don't specifically mention the pump division in the tournament rounds of play.
2) I think 26.01 is BS. People travel across the country and pay good money to play paintball. If there are less than 9 teams in a division you may play 4-5 games and go home. I think the only division that really faces this issue is pump. If the entry was $400, I would just shut up and play my games but they have consistently bumped the entry fee up for pump and we are getting less and less games.
3) 26.03 has changed and we won't be able to force them to call the top 8 teams for semi-final rounds after qualifiers.

freebird 02-25-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 1709285)
This is kind of a relief since they were working with 2008 or 2009 rules all last season.

http://www.nppl.com/pdf/NPPL-Rulebook-2011.pdf

Worth noting:

Protected Color is Yellow

And some info on the seeding/ranking/rounds.

I have my issues with the NPPL and I try to keep them to myself but a couple of things come up here.

1) They don't specifically mention the pump division in the tournament rounds of play.
2) I think 26.01 is BS. People travel across the country and pay good money to play paintball. If there are less than 9 teams in a division you may play 4-5 games and go home. I think the only division that really faces this issue is pump. If the entry was $400, I would just shut up and play my games but they have consistently bumped the entry fee up for pump and we are getting less and less games.
3) 26.03 has changed and we won't be able to force them to call the top 8 teams for semi-final rounds after qualifiers.

26.03 is the same as last year, because this is the rule that i quoted them on to get the top 8 to go to finals. there were 11 teams at Chicago .

26.01 remember back in 09, USPL DC Challenge, 5 pump teams, everyone played everyone twice, top 2 moved to finals. Both pump and D1 have consistently had fewer than 9 teams (excluding HB) and we're just going to have to deal with that. Its not the NPPL's fault pump teams don't show up on the east coast, Right now there are 12 teams (i believe) signed up for HB, and I'm sure there will be more last minute entries. We have to get teams out and compete at the national scale. The disadvantage we face here, is we cannot be rolled into another division. (although that would be cool). Also, last year i asked what rank pump is classified as, i was told D4.

Side note: I'm not defending the NPPL but this is really the only option for pump to gain national popularity. Personally I don't mind the entry fee and here is why. Teams that want to play will find a way to raise the funds to pay for the events. Since January my team has been selling t-shirts, raffle tickets, and stickers to help offset the cost of the events. People in our area love the fact that we are spreading the pump scene nationally and are willing to support us.

ConradNorCal 02-25-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebird (Post 1709485)
Its not the NPPL's fault pump teams don't show up on the east coast,

It isn't the West Coast players fault either. Why pay a grand to go play eight games in places with crappy weather and venue, when we can play tournaments right here in California with nice weather. The Nppl should have its' tournaments in California and Florida. I think that would increase attendance.

mxmtl 02-25-2011 03:05 PM

Wow, they put a 15 BPS cap now? (7.01) Is that new for 2011 or have they done this before?

Quote:

31.01 Pump Marker. A Pump Marker must be manually re-cocked between shots. This is
performed by moving the handle or the grip forward and then back along the barrel of the marker.
Pulling the trigger in these markers causes the hammer from the previous pumping action to hit
into the valve stem, releasing air and pushing the paintball through the barrel. It is the player's
duty to pump the marker. The pump action will reset the hammer and allows a paintball to drop
into the breach, and pumping back forward will allow the hammers sear to come into contact with
the trigger. Any pump marker that is “AutoCocker “ based must have a beaver tail. (Except the
Karnivore)

Going by the letter of the law, MQ'd pumps are still illegal, and you will need a beaver tail on your CCM T2 and S6.5. :bang:

Spoon 02-25-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmtl (Post 1709602)
Wow, they put a 15 BPS cap now? (7.01) Is that new for 2011 or have they done this before?

I think this is new for 2011

Quote:

Going by the letter of the law, MQ'd pumps are still illegal, and you will need a beaver tail on your CCM T2 and S6.5. :bang:
Interesting...Yes, by the letter of the law...you would need a beavertail on a half-block...although I doubt they would enforce it.

RCasna 02-25-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmtl (Post 1709602)

Good thing my S6.5 is Sniper based, not Autococker based. Let's not forget which came first.

chrislognshot 02-25-2011 05:54 PM

sorry to be rude. but what is difference of MQ'd pumps and autococker. and why would they make so half blocks not usable as pump gun too. since they do same thing.

Spoon 02-25-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislognshot (Post 1709869)
sorry to be rude. but what is difference of MQ'd pumps and autococker. and why would they make so half blocks not usable as pump gun too. since they do same thing.

It's not that they wouldn't be usable...

The way the rule is written you would have to have a beavertail on them. A beavertail is really only relevant if you have a cocking rod that you can access. By "thumbing" the cocking rod you could force the hammer to hit the valve harder increasing your velocity on the fly.

Technically with an MQ there is no hammer hitting a valve and the cocking action does not hit the hammer. Don't quote me on this but I bet you could argue for an MQ pump to be fair. You would still have to pump it. I am not so sure on this one...

chrislognshot 02-25-2011 07:01 PM

that seems fair but then you got people get all tiff over the fact most or some of the autocockers will be left out. i under stand the whole MQ deal but leaving out half blocks seem kind rude of them. since people just use wrench to change it just like you change pgp p68sc.

Slimpb 02-25-2011 09:02 PM

Does this protected color thing mean well be able to buy yellow profilers again?