mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

Well as you well know some people are fanboys and just cannot believe that what they back is not what everyone loves to use. Like I tell everyone I just want as much money being spent at the fields stores and whatever else deals with paintball. That way the sport grows as much as possible.
nonnco4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Oh, I know... I am something of a Bob Long Fan Boy. His Goatee compels me...
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

Honestly I don't there's that much difference in markers these days. Sure different levels have a better fit or finish and look cooler then others but it used to be only certain markers had "turbo" or "response" options but now you can get the same series board from the same company n difference markers. Sure you have spools and poppit but designs are way more modular. The difference between a new $300 mini and a $800 whatever is negligible. It's more about feel and personal preference now(marketing power) then the technology now.

Again this is my subjective opinion. I have a Luxe, Tippman E98, Mini, Closer, Phantom and in the same class of marker I'll use any electronic one is any tourney because they are so compariable and NOT feel like I'm under matched against the guys with a new $1500 marker.
maninblack2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

I think the only real difference you would see in a $1500 marker and a $300 marker (if the manufacturers were actually charging what they were worth) would only be that the $1500 marker lasted 5 times longer than the $300 due to a better finish and tighter tolerances on all the pieces. But the industry shoots itself in the foot, trying to get everyone to buy their latest and greatest every year, how can anyone see if a $1500 marker actually lasts that long when they're trying to get you to replace it every year?

The weird things I think about...

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

The constant turn over of new markers every year(with minimal changes in some cases) greatly reduces the value of them as well.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
I think the only real difference you would see in a $1500 marker and a $300 marker (if the manufacturers were actually charging what they were worth) would only be that the $1500 marker lasted 5 times longer than the $300 due to a better finish and tighter tolerances on all the pieces. But the industry shoots itself in the foot, trying to get everyone to buy their latest and greatest every year, how can anyone see if a $1500 marker actually lasts that long when they're trying to get you to replace it every year?

The weird things I think about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestPaintballReview View Post
The constant turn over of new markers every year(with minimal changes in some cases) greatly reduces the value of them as well.
Good points. I know KEE tried to avoid that trend with the Mini which actually backfired and gave it the bad wrap it has. They didn't release a "new version" every year touting how great it was. Instead they fixed issues users had as they learned of them and rolled them into production without a lot of fanfare.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News