mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
my little brothers friends go sponsored.

"were gettin free gear head to toe, and free axes!"

really its $120 for all the empire softgood.
not sure what the discount on the axe is.

but $120 for the 2011 Empire LTD gear isnt a bad price
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It's a great deal if you need everything. They should have separated it so you can buy just markers without getting a whole package. My team applied and thought about it for the paintball guns but since we already have alot of playing gear we decided to decline it.

Proudly Sponsored by:

Valken Paintball

Save Phace

Sport Smoke
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

In regards to Empire and everyone else who has done this in the past. I really commend them.

Reason:

1) They are making money and getting their name out there.

2) They are helping alot of small teams get started and actually making a small commitment to a company

3) The team Gets outfitted and all look the same, which gives the intimidation factor.

4) Makes the Young kids say "WOW are they pro players".

I'm not sure how well KEE did with this, but it must me a successful tool to get the product out there. Even though if I'm correct Empire is part of KEE. Regardless,the company is only gaining and not loosing.

The sponsored team pays for the gear and the company gets their cash regardless if the sponsored team follows thru with the contract.

I would like to see more companies getting together and putting package deals like this together. What this also does,is create a tracking system for companies,that way they can actually see who really wants to be sponsored by honoring what contract deal they have,weed out the "ONE HIT WONDERS" and only concentrate on those really serious about being a team and taking their play and the company to the next level.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
In regards to Empire and everyone else who has done this in the past. I really commend them.

Reason:

1) They are making money and getting their name out there.

2) They are helping alot of small teams get started and actually making a small commitment to a company

3) The team Gets outfitted and all look the same, which gives the intimidation factor.

4) Makes the Young kids say "WOW are they pro players".

I'm not sure how well KEE did with this, but it must me a successful tool to get the product out there. Even though if I'm correct Empire is part of KEE. Regardless,the company is only gaining and not loosing.

The sponsored team pays for the gear and the company gets their cash regardless if the sponsored team follows thru with the contract.

I would like to see more companies getting together and putting package deals like this together. What this also does,is create a tracking system for companies,that way they can actually see who really wants to be sponsored by honoring what contract deal they have,weed out the "ONE HIT WONDERS" and only concentrate on those really serious about being a team and taking their play and the company to the next level.

Later,
Blackrain
You could not be further from the point of this promotion they are running.

This is by no means a tracking system for the companies, in 99% of the cases, they do not care after they get your money. Usually the only time they contact you, is to ask if you need more gear.

We have said it many times, the era of earning a sponsorship is long gun for 99% of companies in paintball. Anyone can get sponsored, am I wrong? When I first started playing, the only people who had sponsors were the ones who earned them, not those that could get 4 friends together to buy gear at a discount.

Now unless KEE is doing this promotion through its dealers as opposed to selling directly to these teams, all they are succeeding in doing, is undercutting their dealer network.*

Thoughts?

*Now, if they are doing this through a dealer/pro shop, then disregard this part.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
*Now, if they are doing this through a dealer/pro shop, then disregard this part.
IfIt going thru the Kee dealer in their area and to write the store name so they can have the discount and have the inventory.
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.

Last edited by BenoitOWN; 03-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

The real genius of this promotion is that it encourages players, especially younger players, who are dedicated to the hobby to involve other people and commit them to playing a certain amount. Adding a financial incentive to stick with the hobby and one's team should help both team cohesion and player retention.

Field owners and event promoters should be applauding a scheme like this.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't think I'm far off. Even if they contact a team every so often,they can see who is still together. You're looking at a one season sponsorship with discounted items and select inventory items from the company.

You pick them up at the local paintball store near you. Send them a picture of your team,so your picture can be on their page. If you don't,then Empire doesn't even acknowledge you on their page. However you still get discounted gear.

All my sponsorships are only one yr. I atleast write reviews,hand out cards and have a banner made. Basically I pimp my sponsors and try to get them in contact with each other so they can buy items or network together.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Almost all the "big companies" do not chase after 99% of the players, but expect the players to chase after them for the precious "sponsorship".

Who pays for your banner, business cards or other promotional materials? Is it out of your pocket, or are your sponsors picking up the tab?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

The banner is out of my pocket thru one of my sponsors,so I get an awsome discount and repairs when I need it. Business cards come from the sponsors,but I print up a flyer and hand them out to. No big cost to me.

Some stuff I get free,some I get at discount. I get a team page here at MCB. Almost all of my sponsors have come from here. I don't try to rob them blind and to be honest a one man team with 10 sponsors isn't a bad deal. It's funny when other players ask where's the rest of the team,because all they see is my WIfe and I. My team Jersey is mine with my LOGO and that's it. The banner is enough and my Jerseys have to last a few seasons.

My sponsors can pull out anytime they want if they feel iam am not doing a good enough job to promote them. We are all grown me and we did everything without paper. Then again I'm not a fly by night player,I've been in this sport a little over 23 yrs now.

I think my whole sponsor package total was about $250 this yr. Big Bucks right. However I do give alot of my stuff away at the fields,be it orings,fogdoc etc. But I do have my own stuff to make it thru the season.

I am actually proud that my local field buys from my sponsors,that makes me feel good,let's me know I did my job.

I keep all my sponsors seperate from each other. They all provide something different,be it service or product,but I don't let them conflict with each other.

I don't have to wear a certain Jersey or Pants,my Walmart Camo pants are just fine.

Now did they pick me because I'm a good player????????? Yea right I really SUCK at paintball,I was picked because I don't care if I win and neither do my sponsors. There is no way I will ever win a trophy at a big game or scenario. The only thing I win is knowing I didn't cheat,I did my best and I helped promote the sport and my sponsors.

How much more does a player need. Like I need another trophy or award,I have books and uniforms filled with that stuff.

Later,
Blackrain

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News