mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #51 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Why the crap is it that the BT Omega and this new JT Tactical have their top carry handles so messed up? The Alpha Black got it proportioned right, but the Omega and Tactical look like someone took the rail of a 3/4 (or even 1/2 lol) scale airsoft gun, slapped it on, and called it good enough. What gives? That's why if I ever had the need to go all M-16 milsim on some people, I'd buy the Alpha Black. Realistic or nothing.
As far as I know, it was never really intended to be a carry handle, something about messing up the sights and getting hot during firing?
Obviously this is all for the rifle, but the paintball guns are hardly to scale.
T-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ok, bit of an update:

I've seen a number of the JT Tactical kits in local mass retailers locally like Wal-Mart and Academy Sports. Local paintball store has them as well. Haven't seen a walk-on with one yet but it should be only a matter of time.

ANS and Amazon have just posted the Raider and Outkast kits, for $100 and $75 respectively.
The Raider kit looks like an especially good value for a new player, and dig how short its tiny little barrel is!
The JT Guardian mask these things are packaged with has a little sticker on it that says "fog resistant lens." Does anyone know if that's just wishful thinking, or do these things really come with Elite-sized thermal lenses?

Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment
Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
Anyone else really want an minor update to the ER2? Just add a darn velocity adjuster. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks they would be the perfect marker for cheap private play.
They'd be great for any recballin' if they had a velocity adjuster. At least the one i picked up shoots under 285 out of the package, but no telling what happens after a break-in period (provided it doesn't break entirely). Wonder if KEE will send me the updated handle...
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #54 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
They'd be great for any recballin' if they had a velocity adjuster. At least the one i picked up shoots under 285 out of the package, but no telling what happens after a break-in period (provided it doesn't break entirely). Wonder if KEE will send me the updated handle...
The one I picked up tends to have a first shot that's about 290... then after that I get a good 10-15 shots at 270-280. Then it takes a nose dive quickly. I've been getting 25-30 shots using cheap wally-world 12 grams. The last 10 or so are around or below 250, but could be usable at close range. (I save the Leland 12's for my Tiberius gear.) So I feel like I lucked out with this ER2 on velocity.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Is it me or did he say that 90 gram disposable tank will allow for 500 shots?
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
I saw "outkast" and got excited...
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News