mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
I bought from Action Village one time, worst experience of my life.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMetalHead89Xx View Post
i don't see why everyone is "happy to see them go" not everyone has the luxury of having many shops around them to choose from, here in Idaho, i only have one local field. and you can't get anything unless its from tippmann or dye, don't get me wrong i love the field and the people, but sometimes i like to get stuff from other companies as well and online stores are the only place. i ordered my first gun aside from a tippmann from AV.
+1 on this!!! I live in rural Mississippi and we have the same problem. Our primary paintball supplier is WalMart. If we had a Mom and Pop store, I would be glad to support it. I rely on online retailers for almost all my paintball gear. I used Action Village quite a bit and never had any problem with them. I actually had a really good experience with them when I accidentally bought an All-American back instead of a Freak back. They took the old AA back and sent me a Freak back for just the price difference and didn't charge me for the shipping. I am sad to see them go, we need to look at the broader picture and realize this is a bad day for paintball. This sport is struggling to stay alive and this is another victim of a sport that is flailing!
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

this is really too bad I hate to hear when paintball businesses go out.... Stupid question but how would you go by buying the stuff.... Do you still use there website or what??? As i recall it said the sale was may 19 or something..... im really confused at the moment can someone explain to me what to do......

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
i want an tippmann factory fa
looking for tippmanns and also looking for firestorm gatlin cranks
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
FarisPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Can't remember when I bought from them last, but don't think I had a bad experience with them, just don't buy new product much these days. Still sad to see another paintball industry entity bite the big one and go out of business.

As for the purchase of product, it sounded like they had sold out on a lot of their inventory already, so it was mostly the stuff that allowed them to run the business they were auctioning off, which will be public and only in person. I could be wrong, though.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindrummer View Post
this is really too bad I hate to hear when paintball businesses go out.... Stupid question but how would you go by buying the stuff.... Do you still use there website or what??? As i recall it said the sale was may 19 or something..... im really confused at the moment can someone explain to me what to do......
I think it's an on-location auction, or at least an on location sale. In other words, you have to be in Chicago, at the store, to buy it. I imagine all you can buy are bulk lots too.

If anyone in the area could get a line on some Spectra lenses though, I'll buy a dozen.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

This sucks. I ordered from them quite a few times and they're one of the few online stores that I never had a problem with. Stuff was on my doorstep in a couple days. When I ordered paint it was always fresh, packaged well and I never had a broken ball.

I thought they'd be one of the last to go. They carried a lot of stuff outside of just paintball. Seems like the diversity would have helped them out. I guess the downturn in the economy affected all of the "luxury" sport items they carried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rejected by Caelus

Anyone else see the bigger implications of this? It's something of a warning sign of the health of paintball. We will likely see more go down too, and regardless of your views on the individual stores, shutdowns are not good for paintball at large (except for Smart Parts).

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/116955-gunraptors-feedback.html
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

you think we can buy online before the 19th?

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
I think it's an on-location auction, or at least an on location sale. In other words, you have to be in Chicago, at the store, to buy it. I imagine all you can buy are bulk lots too.

If anyone in the area could get a line on some Spectra lenses though, I'll buy a dozen.
oh you can only buy in bulk you think??? too bad....

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Old 05-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Act. vil.

This has been coming for quite a while. Even online you could see the steady decline in the stock they held on hand. My condolences to the workers out of a job, enjoy the unemployment while you can, and I will pray for all of you.
On the other hand this opens up the the customer base for the few remaining paintball shops in IL and Discount paintball, which is about a few blocks away; and has a storefront: and may be the next to go because of the IL taxes being so high.
To the ones saying that ANS will go next, it won't they offer too many great deals and they always are very helpful when I call. Even the female that is employed there knows a decent deal about the products they have, rare in this industry.
Autocockerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News