mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Master Tech & Air Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Why? What makes these store owners feel that they should be able to charge higher prices and the rest of us should have to pay them?

- Chris
First off, I did not say that to get into a pissing match with people. But since I did say it. I will defend it. Of course there are 2 sides to every story. This side is mine.

By no means am I stating that people should be ripped off. The whole backbone of America is based off of business's making profit.

Q:What do you call a nation where the business's don't work for private gains.
A: North Korea

Competition is good. But if you squeeze the profit margin so thin that the small guys go under. Then you are left with less options for brands, service, and the overall forward motion of the industry stops. Either that or the power is left in a few guys hands to have a monopoly on the market. ANS's whole M.O. is to corner the market.

You seem to be pissed off that people make profit. I don't care what you do in today's world. If you have a job, then you are making money off of somebody else from either selling a product, service, or idea.

Say you like Reebok shoes. Nike comes into the market and lowers the whole price across the board. The end consumer wins while the other companies struggle to keep the doors open. Nike might stand at the end of it all, but small companies like Adidas, Saucony, Asics, New Balance all go under. Then Nike can charge 150% over what they were before. I would rather have more options and nicer products to choose from than pay cheaper prices. Simply put: Short term gain= long term pain OR Short term pain= long term gain. You chose!

If you like having a local store to go to for help or a local field to play at, Then support them.

I can already see a HUGE change in the face of retail paintball. From the huge company mergers and buy-outs. It scares me, The more power in 1 persons hands is bad for all of us. The business model does not pan out. It might look good at first. But long term, we all lose. If things continue at the pace that they are. We will be left with only a few HUGE companies that can pick and chose how they want to do business. Quality starts to decline, technological advances stop, consumer options decrease do to the lack of competition. If you think that the owners of those companies are BFF with you. You are wrong. If they had it their what, they would be chilling on an private island sipping pina coladas. Sounds nice right? One guy doing really well while unemployment is at 10%. Real cool!

Now....http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/i...lies/focus.gif
PaintballMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #52 (permalink)

That sounds good but, it is really a delicate balance. I understand a local shop owner needs to make money to keep his business open. However, the balance is charging enough to keep his business open but, to do it cheap enough to not drive people to ordering from the internet. Manufacturers set a suggested retail price. Local business or not most people have a hard time paying more than the msrp. More and more internet stores, not just paintball, are including shipping costs for items or sales over $100 and lack of shipping costs are the best argument for purchasing from a local store.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
Another argument for online orders: incompetent local stores.

When I order a part from a local store and it takes them SIX MONTHS to get it, they lose all credibility. I may as well just order online myself. In those cases, I'd even pay MORE to order online because the online store has it in stock.
Me too. I bought a Geo through a local store in Northwest, IN and it took a month for them to ship it to me. Everytime I called I was told it was already in the mail. Then the package arrived, postage tags don't lie.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #54 (permalink)

I had been ordering from AV for like 7 years. After every single order, even when I called it in came in wrong colors, missing items that I had to prove weren't in the box, hassles getting a manager, etc. Won't really miss them.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
Blue resistance movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donncath View Post
I had been ordering from AV for like 7 years. After every single order, even when I called it in came in wrong colors, missing items that I had to prove weren't in the box, hassles getting a manager, etc. Won't really miss them.
They were purchased and resurrected by ANS gear. I have ordered from ANS quite a few times and if I had an issue, they were friendly and willing to correct it. I know some have had trouble with ANS as well but no company is perfect.

It puts the hands in the air or it gets the paint again.
Rickfactor2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News