mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

No More ActionVillage

Taken from PB Nation:

Quote:
Bye bye Action Village - PbNation

This morning I opened my copy of the Chicago tribune to some sad news. Action village has been foreclosed on and seized by there lender. Liquidation sale is slated for Thursday May 19th. Yes they sold alot of other action sports equipment ,but they also were a very large supporter paintball. bellow is a the classified ad and a link. Moderators please let me know if I have posted in properly.

trib add " NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE OF PROPERTY OF ACTION VILLAGE, LLC UNDER UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT on Thursday, May 19, 2011, at the hour of 11:00 a.m. Central Time, Spin Holdings, LLC ("Secured Party"), who is a secured creditor of Action Village, LLC ("Borrower"), will hold a public foreclosure sale at the offices of Secured Party's counsel set forth below under Section 9-610 of the Uniform Commercial Code of all of the collateral pledged to Secured Party by Borrower, which includes, without limitation, inventory, equipment, goods, general intangibles, computer hardware and software and related rights, fixtures and all proceeds of the foregoing. Action Village is an online retailer of skateboard, snowboard, paintball and biking equipment and related apparel located in Wood Dale, Illinois. The sale will be held on a "where is, as is" basis, without any representations and warranties, express or implied. There is no warranty relating to title, possession, quiet enjoyment or the like in this deposition. Secured Party reserves the right to offer the assets in bulk or in lots. Secured Party reserves the right to establish other reasonable bidding procedures and to have potential bidders demonstrate their ability to perform and close to the reasonable satisfaction of Secured Party. Secured Party reserves the right to credit bid at the auction. Secured Party also reserves the right to adjourn, continue or cancel the auction without further notice. Any parties interested in further information about these assets should counsel for the Secured Party set forth below or appear at the foreclosure sale at the time and date set forth above. Robert E. Richards, SNR DENTON US LLP, 233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 7800, Chicago, Illinois 60606, Phone (312) 876-8000, Facsimile (312) 876-7934, Email: robert.richards@snrdenton.com"

Link to trib
http://classifieds.chicagotribune.co...ic-sale-event/
Didn't see that coming. I used to order from them all the time a few years back.
I am pretty sure they were known as "paintballgear.com" or something like that as well.

Feedback +27|-0
YouTube|flickr

Last edited by shadow_772; 05-16-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: EDIT: I see what you did there mods :p
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

yeah well you wouldn't be able to tell just visiting their web site
Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
Not sad to see them go.. They are a horrible business to compete against for paintball fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
O Dear it's FOCKER

Next up is ANS! I'm Not sad to see them go my self.

FEEDBACK
Kfocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Well IMO it's nice to see this. I've been seeing a slow shift in paintballers supporting mom and pop shops more than big box stores.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Holy crud... I just returned an item I purchased from them (a lens that came pre scuffed, incendiary). I am so very glad I was able to get my $$ back.

But, this kind of makes sense... I was wondering why they had so few new mid to high end markers available and why so much of their inventory was 'sold out'.

My Feedback (It Rocks)

AO Feedback (It Rocks)
Captainneeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore

Kilt Fan
This is crappy folks what about the people that will be out of work health insurance living off unemployment witch won't pay all the bill. Yes they where a big box store but the employees have bills as well.
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Random Lurker

If the owners of the shop did not care enough to run the business well enough to take care of their employees, why should I.
Lets compare the number of people put out of work (or out of business) by Action Village. The numbers are not in favor of AV.

I hate to see anyone lose their job, especially if it not their fault, but don't expect me to feel sorry for a company that by its business practices put other people out of business.

Created by Shade.
-- Wizard12341 Feedback--
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. View Post
This is crappy folks what about the people that will be out of work health insurance living off unemployment witch won't pay all the bill. Yes they where a big box store but the employees have bills as well.
That is the same crappy argument people had supporting smart parts. Lets make one thing clear before anymore of that starts up. When you work for someone you are INVESTING your time for the expected return of money. The problem with investments is they might not always be a positive return and when a company goes under and that company just happens to be the one you invested in.. yes it sucks but its the free market. No one is guaranteed a job, no one is guaranteed money to live on (lol we all know thats a lie, unemployment lasts forever unfortunately).

So before you go out with the 'what about the employees' yes its sad they lost their job, however at the same time the closing of action village helps companies all around the country because they now have less competition and thus maybe they can now hire on an additional ref as their in store sales increase.

Really though, selling paintball gear isn't exactly lucrative. They likely got over invested in it and when the average return on a paintball item is 15% or less that is hardly enough to run a business on. I'm looking at you planet eclipse leading the market in profitless markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
This is unfortunate for fields and players in Illinois, where their warehouse served as a storefront business. Remember that nationally, players don't usually have access to small stores and fields aren't often well stocked with their high overhead. Places like AV and ANS serve important markets. also, walmart is a big box store. An online business with one warehouse is still a small business. I knew the people who worked there, and I think a lot of the vindictiveness in this thread is unwarrented and based on incorrect assumptions about the nature of their business, especially locally.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News