mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #1421 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hth View Post
Hey Mel, was wondering when authorized CCM dealers will start selling the J12? Is a price drop foreseeable before oh say March?
Why would there be a price drop? Dealers do not get special pricing in the first 50, everyone pays the same price. Actually I am not sure if dealer orders are allowed in the first 50.

For the price, you are getting alum panels for the grip frame ($40 upgrade on any other CCM marker) + a full barrel kit ($90 upgrade + matching might be more) + CCM color matching fittings ($30 upgrade). Current base price on CCM S6/T2/S6.5 is $600 for one color, $625 for 2 colors, $650 for 3 colors + the upgrades above....it is easy to see how CCM priced the J12 ($600 base + $160 mandatory upgrades above = $760).

IMHO, no other barrel will look as nice as the CCM barrel on the J12. I do not think a normal elbow will fit on the reg (I could be wrong).

From speaking to Melissa, the demand has been really high. We all know CCM makes quality stuff.

Also told the wait is 6-8 weeks!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #1422 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

I'm thinking as the manufacturing process streamlines it would be cheaper to produce. Personally I would sell right out the gate the barrel kit, and Asa. I would grab a freak kit, and a PE Asa (if integrated rail accepts the PE rail). I also basically promised to buy my ccm from my dealer come February as well and if CCM eliminates the the required option of color matched barrel and barrel kit my dealer will still provide a complimentary Fbk for free.

So I'm stoked to get rid of my last phantom and scrape up the rest of the money for this or a s6
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #1423 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
I'm thinking as the manufacturing process streamlines it would be cheaper to produce. Personally I would sell right out the gate the barrel kit, and Asa. I would grab a freak kit, and a PE Asa (if integrated rail accepts the PE rail). I also basically promised to buy my ccm from my dealer come February as well and if CCM eliminates the the required option of color matched barrel and barrel kit my dealer will still provide a complimentary Fbk for free.

So I'm stoked to get rid of my last phantom and scrape up the rest of the money for this or a s6
Congrats!

No eta on the next run....maybe at some point CCM will sell w/o a barrel, who knows!

The price point is the same as other CCM's. Milling stuff is not cheap. To my knowledge the price point has not dropped on new CCM markers ever, actually the pricing went up a few months ago, it use to be $525 for dusk and $600 gloss and now the pricing is the same, $600 dusk or gloss, and multi-colors are more.

Even the used market is holding very well.

I expect to see a few T2's on the market.

I think the CCM barrel kit is fairly priced....almost the same price as a DW w/o the inserts.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #1424 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
I'm thinking as the manufacturing process streamlines it would be cheaper to produce.
While the more runs we do of any part helps steamline the process; material, labor and overhead remain the same if not increases with every run of parts we do.
We have no current ETA on the next run of J12's at this point, but once we do I will post up and let you guys know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #1425 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Personally I would sell right out the gate the barrel kit, and Asa. I would grab a freak kit, and a PE Asa (if integrated rail accepts the PE rail).
i think somebody already tried to put the PE rail on it, and it wasnt compatible :/

(i thought i saw that post a month or two ago in one of the j12 threads)
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #1426 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
i think somebody already tried to put the PE rail on it, and it wasnt compatible :/

(i thought i saw that post a month or two ago in one of the j12 threads)
You are correct, it was Seudog in the CCM section of the armory. He had next to a MVP and a T2 to show the size comparison. Then he had a PE Pops next to the dovetail to show the difference too.

On a side note, Mel I want to give you more money before the end of the year (PM sent).

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #1427 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
J.K- just sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #1428 (permalink)
i speak good.frenchglish

T SLOT on the j12 and actually on the 86 frame is realy not my cup of tea.

we need rail or cradle. i need ajust .
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #1429 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
.. could CCM potentially post detailed pictures of the final production marker, as well as a breakdown of internal components?
Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
can't wait to see an exploded view of a j12
This please.
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #1430 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

I'm not going to put the Asa on directly but if the rail doesn't accept direct mount Asa then I'm not getting a pops or oops
hth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News