mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
pumpty

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Anything involving that Woman I'll stay away from. Her position has always been to over price in paintball back in the day. I'm not sure how she is now. My understanding,that after a while,the IOA didn't stand for what it was intended to be.

Hope you guys have a great event

Later,
Blackrain
So your going to disrespect one of the first business minds in paintball just because you don't like her prices? Learn to show some respect
paintballman169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Anything involving that Woman I'll stay away from. Her position has always been to over price in paintball back in the day. I'm not sure how she is now. My understanding,that after a while,the IOA didn't stand for what it was intended to be.

Hope you guys have a great event

Later,
Blackrain
I have no problem paying her prices. Their field is nice, their staff is abundant and VERY helpful, and their games are very well organized. I WISH there were a few more fields just like hers around, it's what paintball needs.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballman169 View Post
So your going to disrespect one of the first business minds in paintball just because you don't like her prices? Learn to show some respect
Hey now, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion. Respect that.
Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
meh, what the hell

Let's try to focus on what this EVENT has to offer.

There is alot here for all players alike. Newbies, experienced players, seriously competitive or just for fun; no matter what your style or skill level, there is going to be something for you at this event.

There are going to be quite a few big names here. I have been talking with Debra just this past weekend and I'm hoping to get an inside peek at the who's who list!

Dont forget, there is more than just playing paintball. There is going to be player parties and a "gun cruise" after all the on field action dies down. Lots of opportunities to meet some fellow MCB'rs or some of the greats that helped make this game what it is today!

This isnt a business venture, it is a way to try and re-infuse some of the old school, backwoods play that turned the "Survival Game" into what we know as the paintball game we know and love, today.

Pick your poison with Mission Masters scenario or participate in the UWL. Looking for a limited paint fix? Take on the "KT Challenge" with the Chaser pistol on the newly renovated speedball field. Show some support for the sport and come play!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Honestly to give my opinion. She almost had our field shut down many yrs ago. Due to the fact of her "Pricing expertice".

So yea if you play on Fort Campbell,you are welcome from me and a few others for keeping it open all these yrs and making sure those type of prices never hit your pocket. I imagine prices are now somewhat comparable.

She thought $3 for a tube of paint (10 shots) and $1 a co2 12 gram was great business practice. $20 dollar entry fee plus $10 to play and $6 for co2 fill. "YEA RIGHT". That might work for others,but not on that base.

That's just me. Trust me she really wasn't a paintball pioneer,so my lack of respect for her is still "ZERO". However that is my opinion. Your's is your's and I'm not trying to change you in any way.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballman169 View Post
You have like what 8 whole post and can tell me what to say or who to show respect to I've been playing longer than you've been alive. Let's just say I've seen paintball evolve more than you have.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 06-21-2011 at 02:17 AM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Anyway, who will be there? I mean TK is great and all, and TC has some of the best stories, but what makes this a paintball conference?

new gearbag sale - updated
Robinsucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Friday is an industry leader's conference. I don't have a full list of names, but a lot of major players in the industry will be there. Dennis Tippmann Sr., Tom Kaye, etc. Bob Gurnsey will also be there.
Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Those are current industry leaders?

I guess I was more trying to figure out who this event was aimed at. Stores? Fields? Manufacturers? Players?

new gearbag sale - updated
Robinsucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

The event is multipurpose. There is a great need out there for Field Owners to be able to share best practices and procedures with other fields as well as education from manufactures. The goal of the Field Owner conference is to provide a forum for such a discussion. There is a brief overview at the website under the schedule tab. A more detailed schedule for the conference will be up shortly under the conference tab

Additionally there will be a Scenario put on by Mission Masters the following day that is open to everyone. Entry include Player BBQ and prizes.

We will also be having a seminar put on by the major sponsors on how teams can go about getting sponsorship. Details to follow. You can check out the event at The Paintball Festival

Major sponsors to date:
Empire
Tippmann
ProCaps
Valken
Spyder

more to come....
US Marines
FieldMan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News