mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Just considering how long you can fire constantly always ends up being a pessimistic number... How long can you fire your pistols constantly, Agent Smith?

1200 rounds means a long time without reloading. Half a day for many of us. What I would advise others, though, is how many rounds do you go through before getting to the deadbox. Maybe that's all you should carry, and just reload when you die. I took this theory and went back to hopperball. 3 times the fun with 1/3 the weight on your back.

I wonder if they'll make this in 50 cal...?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Zap Amateur Open 1998 WARPIG Coverage

And that Youtube video from Valken was so gay I can legally marry it here in New York.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

I get you guys, heaven knows one second should do per guy!

However I'm a Hell Survivorite, so the first thing that comes to mind is a big game, where you DO NOT run out of opponents. Nor will the opponents you have wait while you do whatever it might take to get that thing reloaded.

I cannot fire my pistols continuosly for very long at all, but I dont have to remove a BACKPACK to reload them when I need to... I use the pistols that I do partially BECAUSE they are fast to reload. Hoppers mostly have speed tops nowadays because regular marker users feel the same way I do.

The shot time starts to matter when reload time goes way up.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I get you guys, heaven knows one second should do per guy!

However I'm a Hell Survivorite, so the first thing that comes to mind is a big game, where you DO NOT run out of opponents. Nor will the opponents you have wait while you do whatever it might take to get that thing reloaded.

I cannot fire my pistols continuosly for very long at all, but I dont have to remove a BACKPACK to reload them when I need to... I use the pistols that I do partially BECAUSE they are fast to reload. Hoppers mostly have speed tops nowadays because regular marker users feel the same way I do.

The shot time starts to matter when reload time goes way up.

Rob
The time it takes to reload stops mattering if your magazine capacity is greater than you use in a period of play. It could take you 30 minutes to reload, and you would just do it on your lunch break!

1200 rounds. That's more than most players carry in pods. That's more than most players CAN carry in pods.

Agent Smith, I think you'd find a much more substantial argument by pointing out mobility issues with carrying 1200 rounds.... Someone else already pointed out how catastrophic a break in the hopper would be. These are much more real issues than not being able to reload your 1200 round hopper while in combat.

Last edited by alpha434; 07-20-2011 at 12:27 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most but not all. My teammate Viper, runs with a remoted A5 hammer, using it as a lesser man would an ION. He generally wears 10-12 pods and I've never seen him last a 3hr session. Or even a 1hr SPPL game.

For small games, sure, Go To Town!!!! A 1200 rd backpack for smaller games...

Those things are the obvious ones, I was past there and movin' on...

If you're not going to shoot that much, why carry it? If you shoot that much, you'll empty it.
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 07-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

As much as I find the idea interesting I can't help but think that the debut is a bit too late in the game. 5 years ago at the peak of the ROF wars? Sure. Now that more and more tourney's are capping BPS and pump and pistol play are growing steadily in popularity? Notsomuch.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
The time it takes to reload stops mattering if your magazine capacity is greater than you use in a period of play. It could take you 30 minutes to reload, and you would just do it on your lunch break!

1200 rounds. That's more than most players carry in pods. That's more than most players CAN carry in pods.

Agent Smith, I think you'd find a much more substantial argument by pointing out mobility issues with carrying 1200 rounds.... Someone else already pointed out how catastrophic a break in the hopper would be. These are much more real issues than not being able to reload your 1200 round hopper while in combat.
Has anyone mentioned even how you would be able to reload in combat? I cannot foresee anyone carrying an extra case of paint with them in a backpack on thier backpack.

Yo dawg...
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I am guessing that reloading during battle is not an option nor are they trying to make it an option. I think it might be trying to be the loader to end all loaders during battle given the capacity/size of the "hopper".
Old 07-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
This could be useful in a tank. If it actually works.

They claim to have been conducting field testing, yet no video of it feeding seems odd.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
scphantom9195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I do congratulate Valken on designing the largest 'hard target you wear' in the history of paintball....
That's not a problem when you can shoot everyone else’s paintballs to smithereens. Your ROF becomes your cover

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News