mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
H8TR
Tumbper
Scarecrow marker
O'dell's Phantom UC kit
Stripes' Phantom feed kit (which he made right and the product looks to be happening)

Just to name a few, but the list is long. Mar on the other hand (and me, shameless plug) took no money prior to product being available. It's tough to float it, but if you need money, get a business loan, don't potentially burn/upset your customer base.

the website for this is saying no purchase obligation in the part for preordering
Spectre545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
the proper use of .50cal

When looking through the features of it on thier website, before wacthing the video, I thought that this would be an ideal product for a airball back-man. This is equal to 10 100rd pods and a full hopper, add in the LCD display and looks taylor made for a tourney player, but as I am not a tourney player by anymeans I am probably total wrong about this.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre545 View Post
the website for this is saying no purchase obligation in the part for preordering
They are going to have an inflated sense of demand if that's the case.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #54 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I can't see 1200 rounds on my back for extensive periods of time ending well...
LOL took the words out of my mouth. And you are correct on the camelbak. It's surprising, actually.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
As I've been pointing out to people for a long time, no matter how fast they feed, they still only go in one direction at a time...
I know how to get around that, use dimpled paint and an apex .

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
First Strike round compatible?
yes... and it only costs $900 to lead it!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

This would be great for airsoft, or bbs, anything where the projectile doesn't have a chance of smashing and contaminating the rest of the magazine. The standard podpacks we have now are not something that can be easily improved upon. Since they are compartmentalized, breaking balls in one pod doesn't ruin the rest of them, and each is packed so tight, you can move without worrying about them being knocked around and broken. This applies to the hopper itself, too. A break in the hopper/gun in a standard setup won't ruin the other 800 rounds on your back.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
This would be great for airsoft, or bbs, anything where the projectile doesn't have a chance of smashing and contaminating the rest of the magazine. The standard podpacks we have now are not something that can be easily improved upon. Since they are compartmentalized, breaking balls in one pod doesn't ruin the rest of them, and each is packed so tight, you can move without worrying about them being knocked around and broken. This applies to the hopper itself, too. A break in the hopper/gun in a standard setup won't ruin the other 800 rounds on your back.
How much running and diving do you think people will be doing with this contraption? I wouldn't be suprisedif they came out with a portable bunker as an accessory!
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
When looking through the features of it on thier website, before wacthing the video, I thought that this would be an ideal product for a airball back-man. This is equal to 10 100rd pods and a full hopper, add in the LCD display and looks taylor made for a tourney player, but as I am not a tourney player by anymeans I am probably total wrong about this.
Well... Youu missed the part where speedball players use 140-180 round pods these days.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I have been involved in the discussion about this over on Tech PB. It has some cool potential, but also has room for abuse. Something like this would be great for big games, or even SPPL (RIP)/UWL. Only bigger would be better to me. Since when I played the SPPL, I shot around a case a game.

From the guy that claims to be the rep for the company, and keep in mind that Valken is helping with this, so most likely, those were Valken clones of the Tippy in the video, he says that it will use a battery pack much like what is used in RC cars. So basically, a warp feed that has a large battery pack that will give a good 10,000 to 14,000 shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
As much as I find the idea interesting I can't help but think that the debut is a bit too late in the game. 5 years ago at the peak of the ROF wars? Sure. Now that more and more tourney's are capping BPS and pump and pistol play are growing steadily in popularity? Notsomuch.
Funny thing, people who were claiming to want to play in the SPPL but didn't was because they wanted to use their HALO, Reloader B, unaltered Pinokio, or DYE Rotor with their Ego/DM/Whatever. The idea being that although they would shoot the legal 15 BPS limit, or lower, they wanted a hopper capable of feeding a faster rate so they didn't have to worry about breaks. That argument was used over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
The time it takes to reload stops mattering if your magazine capacity is greater than you use in a period of play. It could take you 30 minutes to reload, and you would just do it on your lunch break!

1200 rounds. That's more than most players carry in pods. That's more than most players CAN carry in pods.

Agent Smith, I think you'd find a much more substantial argument by pointing out mobility issues with carrying 1200 rounds.... Someone else already pointed out how catastrophic a break in the hopper would be. These are much more real issues than not being able to reload your 1200 round hopper while in combat.
Part 1 - Incorrect. With many pods these days carrying 140ish paintballs in them, and a hopper carrying around 180ish paintballs (Taking out the Kingman Fasta and the Pinokio hoppers), a player would only have to carry around seven pods. Many a player can carry that, with a 3+2+2 pod pack. Not exactly out of the norm for a NXe or Sly pod pack. Just to name a couple.

Part 2 - In big games, and even on a regular rec day, I see kids and young adults carry a backpack all of the time. This isn't much bigger than a backpack, and without a pod pack, or the hopper on the marker, it isn't that much more ungainly, if at all.

On a separate but similar note, $200 isn't that much when one considers a super hopper, like a DYE Rotor or Pinokio, a pod pack, like a NXe or Sly 3+2+2, and the pods. But again, that is the pre-order price, if you get in on it at that price.
teh dead is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News