mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to eric

robbery/stabbing at army surplus,ontario

found this out by hearing it from people i know . sad thing is i know the owner which has gotten lucky and hasnt been seriously hurt and the suspect has been arrested

it happened on tuesday when a customer grabbed a wrench from the counter and hit him in the head with it then with the fighting back and trying to run out the door he got tackled and pushed into the bathroom at the back of the store where he was stabbed in the back of the neck.

so far i have gathered up some mag parts around and im going to be taking them up to him (he has a mag somewhere which he used to play with thats missing parts)

links to the reports

http://www.nrps.com/news/Week/Arrest...20Stabbing.pdf

http://www.nrps.com/news/Week/Suspec...20Stabbing.pdf
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What a shame. I feel bad for the guy. I'm not framiliar with the gun laws in Canada, but could he have legally possesed a concealed weapon like a pistol that maybe could have prevented this? Anyways, its a good thing what your doing. Its atleast good to know that there are decent people out here in the midst of all the hate. Props to eric
Old 04-07-2006, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Blasphemer!

Legally possessed a concealed handgun in Canada? That's a good one.
Short answer is NO!!!!
Long answer is . . .NO, Duh!

Canada. No concealed carry. Never. Not legally at least. All handguns are restricted weapons up here. That means a mountain of paperwork just to own them (not to mention the fees. . .oh the humanity).
Forget about storing them loaded too. Guns and ammo must be stored seperately, locked up. Magazines have to be empty as well (you can't just pop the clip out and lock it up over there and the gun over here, the mag has to be empty).

Our laws might seem repressive to y'all south of the 49th but we have a significantly lower rate of accidental deaths from firearms (significantly lower deliberate rate too). You are more likely to get beaten to death or stabbed than shot in Canada. Makes it just a little bit more personal . . .
Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

When they enacted the legislation that keeps firearms out of law abiders hands didn't your home invasion rate skyrocket though??
Clearush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blasphemer!

Home invasions have recently (in the last decade or so) come into the media spotlight. True. Official sounding home invasion statistics for Canada. The gun registry was introduced in 1995 BTW.

Handguns have been restricted since the 1920s here. I am not aware of any significant upsurge in home invasions immediately after that came into play.

Its not that we can't own guns, its just a collosal PITA and an unjustified tax on useful tools. A large number of weapons are prohibitted but who really needs a Barret light .50 for home defence? Or deer hunting? Target practice? No full auto , silencers are schtricktly verbotten! etc. ad nauseum.

Just another textbook case of the government protecting us from ourselves. It took one ignorant whackjob with a mini-14 couple of hours to screw it up for everybody else. Suddenly "assault rifles were evil (and prohibitted).

Funny thing is: It's not the legally owned guns that are used in crimes. Its the stolen guns and the illegally imported, restricted weapons that get the headlines.
And speaking of stolen guns. . . ammunition purchases require a POL or PAl (Possession Only LIscence/Possession and Acquisition Liscence) and have to be recorded at the point of sale. Silly thing is, the record book sits on the counter and just anybody can read it. Makes a lot of sense. . .right? Yeah, until the guy with the collection has his house broken into.
That is gaining popularity these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of gun control but, I think there's a lot of people out there who should not be allowed access to firearms (not even cute little ones).
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

Thanks, I figured it was made up urban myth, but I figured a Canadian would be able actualy be able to answer that question for me finaly.

Even in the states if you go to buy ammunition for a handgun at the sports store I believe they have to copy your DL and have you state the purpose for which you by the ammunition, so you just always say its for your rifle.
Clearush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm still trying to figure out if beatings and stabbings are an improvement over shootings. I guess fewer innocent bystanders getting hurt??

I'll keep my guns, thank you.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
I love reading the American Rifleman's Assoc, stats on how many crimes were stopped because the intended victim was armed. Nothing like imagining the look on a perps face when he finds out that Grandma is armed. :P

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Snyiper Send a message via Yahoo to Snyiper

I'll bet there is nothing worse than looking down granny's 10 gauge goose gun with the full choke 30 in barrel!!! You just know its not rock salt in there!!!!

Players "Play the game with Honor and Dignity or just wipe cause you suck"
Snyiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

I know some people think it crazy, I still think that how we have it is pretty good. How ever allot of people think we should ban them all together.

All guns that I grew up around have been used for hunting. The gun registation was the stupidest thing ever. Now all guns registered are "leaking" out and people are hitting gun collectors.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News