mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #101 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Simon -

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay. I see what you're saying about compressing the stack storing energy so the motor doesn't need to spin as fast... and how this reduction in carrier speed helps with 'popcorning'. I can also see how little/no pressure on the stack while the bolt is moving forward reduces ball breaks ...compared to Dye's method of keeping constant pressure.

Thank you for a quality product. It's a shame the cost of producing the rotor is so comparatively low.
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #102 (permalink)

Hi all - can anybody tell me what the battery life is on the Prophecy Z2? Like can you tell me about how many cases it can shoot before needing new batteries? Thanks!
Fringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #104 (permalink)
INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM

BTW...

We, the engineers at Empire Paintball hid an “Easter Egg” in the software of the Z2 that would allow us to adjust it’s settings, and now I am going to share it with you.

OK, onto the secret sauce...

1) Turn the loader on, have it running but with no paint in it.

2) Push and hold left but then push and hold right button also.

3) Hold for about 5 seconds until the green LED flashes

4) Then release left button first then release right button. You must release the buttons in the correct order. It feels weird at first, but becomes easy after an attempt or two. We made it weird on purpose.

Programming is the same as a prophecy except now left and right buttons functions are switched:
Left (rev) button chooses setting whether you want speed, sound activation, motor sensing or RF
Right(fwd) changes setting value - Press the button the number of times you want the setting

Green is speed and can be set from 1-6

Orange is sound sensitivity and can be set from 1-6

Red is motor sensing and should pretty much be left at the stock setting of 2 (it can only be 1 for off and 2 for on)

Blue is RF and shouldn’t need to be adjusted either. 1 is off 2 is on.

The values aren't the same as the Prophecy. So there are the same number of settings, but speed 3 on the Z2 isn't the same as speed 3 on an original Prophecy.

Have fun!

Simon
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #105 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I don't even shoot regular PBs hardly any more but, I must applaud you for doing this for your customers!!! Very cool!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #106 (permalink)

Very cool! Thanks for the info!!! :-)
Fringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #107 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
In my opinion, best loader on the market. Great size, light, great consistancy, and looks damn good. I sold my rotor for one, should have done that a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News