mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-09-2011, 03:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

The T4 is also $800, so it's a bit out there for me personally. I'm not familiar with the D-mags.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Nice. Always good to see a big company get behind mag fed play. It would be cool to see Tippmann come out with a carbine using TPX mags.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

In theory this sounds great.

RAP 4 has been banking on the stacked tube blowback for years. Since it's Kingman's bread and butter... I'm surprised it took them this long to get into the game. If Kingman can put these and the mags out at a reasonable price, I think this will give a nice boost to mag feed/limited paint play. And I'd likely snag one and a few mags.

For my use, these wouldn't need to be first strike capable. Not because I don't like first strikes, but because (justified or not) I don't trust the consistency of an unregulated blowback to fire those rather pricey rounds. I've already got plenty of Tiberius markers for that. (And hopefully a D-Mag'd Phenom down the road.)

But for cheap limited paint play, grab a 500rd bag, a 12 or 20oz CO2 fill, and play all day.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Can anyone please tell me why everything has to look like an AR-15? It's so tacky.

Can we just have a mag fed, tank in stock (Or small tanked) single tube mechanical semi already? Something that looks badA$$ without resorting to the 'We make an AR lookalike too!' mentality? And no, I'm not asking for an AK.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohri View Post
Can anyone please tell me why everything has to look like an AR-15? It's so tacky.

Can we just have a mag fed, tank in stock (Or small tanked) single tube mechanical semi already? Something that looks badA$$ without resorting to the 'We make an AR lookalike too!' mentality? And no, I'm not asking for an AK.
AT-10 with a long barrel and 13ci?

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Does anyone have any information on the EKO valve? Best I can gather from the images, they attempted some kind of high flow, low opening pressure cartridge thing.

The Spyder forums were the opposite of help.
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Why in the name of all that is holy can not a SINGLE company make a freaking straight mag! These crooked AR-esque mags look like everything bad in life for no real purpose!

My God! So many mag-fed markers borked up so fast...
More capacity without getting in the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
It is nice to see Spyder throw their weight behind a growing trend especially with Spyder's low cost, respectable quality products, they're cheap, they'll work and they're simple to fix. Spyder is not timid about spending it's money to create or grow a market segment, .43, .50 and cheap, quality paintball products so seeing this is reassuring that it may soon become more main stream. Now all we need is Tippmann and they're little brother BT to develop the final version of a mag-fed system cause this Tacamo style is really lacking in my opinion.

My only gripe is capacity, 11 rounds is some what impractical. They're most likely using the same system as Tacamo or a variant when they should be using an improved version of the ATS system.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
Does anyone have any information on the EKO valve? Best I can gather from the images, they attempted some kind of high flow, low opening pressure cartridge thing.

The Spyder forums were the opposite of help.
I haven't been able to find out much about what it does either. My first thought was that they had tweaked their abandoned "3G" balance valve design but the diagram pictures I've seen don't show anything nearly as complex.

In fact, I don't see anything special about it at all other than that it looks like it might retain the balanced valve's concave cup seal face. It beats me what it is that they're doing here besides perhaps optimizing valve port/inlet diameters and spring weights, but the results seem to be there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCK8fS1YVE
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
More capacity without getting in the way?
I don't see it. What's getting in the way? What kind of capacity is gained through a bend in the mag?

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News