mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #171 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Keebler - Take apart and old Torpedo and a PPS Fatty - and look inside. Virtually no difference.

TF
Fatty's don't have the overpressure releif like other stabs, iirc. And I'm not sure its fair to compare to a knock-off... (disclaimer, I own 2 torpedos and 0 stabs...)

But keebler's talking about the other stabs, that adjust to 800 psi, higher if you respring. Not many competitors there.

Also, PPS has always designed their products to be co2 freindly. Not a lot of competition in that area either.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #172 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I am not sure why you would want to reg over 800 PSI - but okay...

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #173 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
I am not sure why you would want to reg over 800 PSI - but okay...

TF
Automag? I don't know, but at that point I'm pretty sure the regulator on the tank will be sufficient at those pressures.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #174 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Not good with a lot of the terminology but can I thread my 4oz tank into this and then thread into the back of my Hammer??
CA Cart Regulator [PPSP027] - $105.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #175 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Not good with a lot of the terminology but can I thread my 4oz tank into this and then thread into the back of my Hammer??
CA Cart Regulator [PPSP027] - $105.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
Yep, thats the one.

Quote:
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #176 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
These have been my findings as well. I think I will turn a reg pin that accepts the topedo urethane disk and put it in my CCM reg and see what I get.

I think it is common PPS mythology that they have cornered the market on C02 regulation. MCB is primarily responsible for this fan boy based mythos.

TF
TF,
I've been a huge fan of yours for a long time and usually agree with the majority of what you say. That being said, I think your above comment is a little silly. I will admit that most of us have strong opinions on products in the paintball world. A lot of us like brass... ccm pump kits... and we all have our certain favorites when it comes to barrels/regs/etc. Most current regulator manufacturers design around HPA and not CO2. The reason why I think most of us will swear by PPS Stabs is because we've used them a long time and plain and simply, they just work. I don't really like the "fan boy" label on a product that does live up to advertising. Your comment is that you think you can modify a reg to be just about as good. That is a whole different conversation if you ask me.

For the user that wants a quality regulator for CO2, that is backed up by a lifetime warranty, and that performs amazing right out of the box without modification, what would you recommend? I am the first to tell people if they are on a tight budget to get one of the old WGP regulators that were designed around CO2 because they function almost as well. But a lot of testing has been performed on regs as far as recharge rate and fluctuation on CO2. I firmly believe that the Palmers Stabilizers are the best of the regulators designed for paintball use. But I also believe with an anti-siphon tube in the CO2 tank and an older WGP regulator you can find a comparable solution on a budget.

I am happy to try out new products and always one who likes to save money, but until a reg comes out that is proven to be better than the PPS Stabilizer, it is the best in my opinion. I don't see how that is a "fan boy" statement when it has proven itself over time. Show me a regulator that you think can compete and I am more than happy to try it out.. especially if it means I can start saving money on my regs.. lol.

Also, PPS has been in the paintball business for a long time and has customer support that is top notch. That, plus all the configurations you get for the stabilizers is why I keep coming back. No matter what the project, it always seems they have something that will work when I need to run CO2.

Last edited by 93civiccpe; 03-23-2012 at 09:13 AM.
93civiccpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #177 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Has anyone used this product (the CART stab) enough to be able to comment on it? I want to turn a WGP Sniper into a stock class set up, and don't know whether it would be better to use this with the current low pressure internals, or use Palmers' low turbulence valve and a regular bucket changer. Obviously, the latter option would be less expensive, but I'd be able to switch out to open class easier with the CART. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #178 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civiccpe View Post
TF,
I've been a huge fan of yours for a long time and usually agree with the majority of what you say. That being said, I think your above comment is a little silly. I will admit that most of us have strong opinions on products in the paintball world. A lot of us like brass... ccm pump kits... and we all have our certain favorites when it comes to barrels/regs/etc. Most current regulator manufacturers design around HPA and not CO2. The reason why I think most of us will swear by PPS Stabs is because we've used them a long time and plain and simply, they just work. I don't really like the "fan boy" label on a product that does live up to advertising. Your comment is that you think you can modify a reg to be just about as good. That is a whole different conversation if you ask me.

1) Point conceded. I think you are right - different topic.

2) PPS Reg DO just work. I have never had to tech one. And found when I did - it was easy.

3) On C02 - if you can afford them - you will not fight a Stabilizer.

4) That 12 gram reg looks damned cool - and it may need to go on my S6 Prototype.

With all of that said - I have infracted you 3 points and given you a week off for disagreeing with me.

Thanks,

TF

p.s. Mootho - SWEET Necro Post.

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #179 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Quote:

p.s. Mootho - SWEET Necro Post.
Thanks... Google-Fu skills at work!

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News