mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   New Lapco barrel - the tightstick 14" of stepbored .681 goodness (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/185981-new-lapco-barrel-tightstick-14-stepbored-681-goodness.html)

thumper 12-21-2011 02:15 PM

New Lapco barrel - the tightstick 14" of stepbored .681 goodness

tightstick « Lapco Press

http://pumppb.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=95

Hey MCBers - check it out..

TIGHTSTICK - The paintball barrel you wish you had.
Tuesday, December 20th, 2011

Borrowed from PumpPB.com

Introducing the Pumppb.com TIGHTSTICK barrel! Manufactured by paintball’s premiere barrelmaker, LAPCO Inc, the TIGHTSTICK combines classic design with modern performance engineering and legendary quality.

Specifications:

Length: 14″
Bore: .681″
Manufacturer: LAPCO Inc.
Threading: Sniper (Autococker)
Finish: Matte or polished (please specify), black anodized
Material: 6061 aerospace aluminum
Weight: ~4.2oz

Inspired by the design of the original “Thompson” ribbed Sniper barrel, the TIGHTSTICK is intended as a one-barrel solution for tightbore/underbore applications. Its step-bore design is unique and is not found on any other LAPCO barrels, providing a 10″ control-bore length in a 14″ overall package. The porting design is also unique and features 6 rows of straight ports, for whisper-quiet performance. Manufactured of aerospace-quality 6061 aluminum and featuring LAPCO’s truly supreme attention to quality, these barrels carry a lifetime warranty through LAPCO. Designed with the needs of pump players in mind, the TIGHTSTICK is equally suitable for semi applications.

The benefits of tightbore or underbore barrels have been well-tested and documented in recent years. Underboring prevents rollouts, achieves optimum efficiency and provides optimum consistency, mitigating the effects of ball-to-ball size variances. Testing and experience has shown that paintballs can take quite a bit of squeeze without increased paint breakage and that the old wisdom of an exact bore match is actually the least desirable option.

As of right now, these barrels are in soft release and are offered at a sale price of $52.99 shipped (MSRP $58.99) via USPS First Class.

wmdfrank 12-21-2011 02:18 PM

Buy via Lapco's website or elsewhere?

thumper 12-21-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdfrank (Post 2133932)
Buy via Lapco's website or elsewhere?

Looks like a custom job by Lapco only available here at the moment:
>> Introducing the PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL, manufactured by LAPCO! <<

coyote 12-21-2011 02:29 PM

Bore is too big.

Sandbox Fedaykin 12-21-2011 02:33 PM

What the heck is pumppb.com??? Obviously made by someone who had never heard of MCB... or a banned MCBer I suppose.

russc 12-21-2011 02:45 PM

I think pumppb.com has been around for a couple of years...2009?

I wish drg hadn't been banned, but mods didn't dig his attitude.

In any case, the barrel looks good. I dig the oldschool looks, kind of like the Sniper1 barrels, with a decent bore size.

NoForts4Me 12-21-2011 02:48 PM

14"? I'm not a big fan of barrels that long, but understand why they did that looking at the design. Anything LAPCO makes will be quality.

Edit: noticed post above about "drg". Nice seeing products designed for pumps, though.

D3adpool 12-21-2011 02:54 PM

I like the look. Would an apex2 fit over that (with the adapter)?

russc 12-21-2011 02:55 PM

Usually Lapco barrels are 1" OD at the tip. I think that's too big for Apex tips.

It's perfet for TASO Rain covers, though!

D3adpool 12-21-2011 02:59 PM

Cool. I know Lapco had an adapter for the Apex1 but haven't seen anything for v2. It would be nice to add a tip/muzzle of choice. What's a taso raincover?