mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #81 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
keep in mind all suspects are innocent until proven guilt.
...except in rape cases. Accusation = guilt then...everyone knows that.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #82 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Women are always told to keep themselves out of situations where they might be get raped. People are always hasty to put the onus on a woman to keep herself safe.

Well even IF this was a BS accusation, I'll play devil's advocate and say that these two guys "asked for it". Two 40-year-old men trying to have sex with an 18-year-old girl. Who really should have "knew better", the two 40-year old dudes, or an 18-year old?

And in response to the ollld posts from January commenting on "the media" referring to 18-year-old females as teens, and males as men, it's AP style to call anyone 18 and over a man or a woman, not a teen. So neither "Phillyburbs" nor Fordreport are following the style that all major media outlets follow.
drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
I'm telling you, this was a business deal gone bad. Think about it... What moron would "kidnap" someone, take them to a hotel, where there are people and surveillance, speak to the front desk, sign a credit card receipt, get room keys, then proceed to the room... all while this little flower was kicking and screaming for help?
Perhaps you should actually read what it says, like how she was intoxicated, and doped up. So your "little flower" was kicking and screaming for help, she was in a euphoria, and nearly unconsciousness.

As to the part about teens and men, anyone under the age of 20, and over say around 12, seems to be called a teenager, whereas an adult male or female is 20 or older.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #84 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Send a message via AIM to Joint Fury Balz

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
Perhaps you should actually read what it says, like how she was intoxicated, and doped up. So your "little flower" was kicking and screaming for help, she was in a euphoria, and nearly unconsciousness.
As per the reporting of a single newspaper... the witness stated the complainant was “severely incapacitated” not as you say... "intoxicated" or "doped up" and I didn't read she was kicking and screaming anywhere. Stop ad-libbing. You're filling in blanks that you don't have the first clue about.

This would be a great collar if it turns out to be true, but I expect the stories will change.

This has Duke Lacrosse written all over it...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #85 (permalink)
Discovr of the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
This is one of those 'wait and see' situations.

To quote the Philly Burbs article: "Police were called to the hotel after a guest saw the 'severely incapacitated' victim enter the hotel with the two defendants and notified hotel management [...]" The Ford article states that the alleged assault took place on December 8th, and the men weren't arrested until the 28th. The implication is that the cops showed up on the night in question and decided at that time that everything was OK.

It's also important to remember that these are news stories based only on what the police were willing to release at those points in time.

At the same time it'd be really easy to slip somebody a mickey at a bar. You can't assume that the victim is a hooker, or some loose girl who decided to retroactively withdraw her consent after the deed was finished.

I think it's clear that these two gentlemen are pretty sleazy. Whether or not they deserve to go to prison is as yet unclear.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
As per the reporting of a single newspaper... the witness stated the complainant was “severely incapacitated” not as you say... "intoxicated" or "doped up" and I didn't read she was kicking and screaming anywhere. Stop ad-libbing. You're filling in blanks that you don't have the first clue about.

This would be a great collar if it turns out to be true, but I expect the stories will change.

This has Duke Lacrosse written all over it...
Quote:
The men allegedly possessed and distributed Lorazepam, an anti-anxiety medication that is recognized by law enforcement as a “date rape drug” for its effects. Authorities did not say that the men gave the 18-year-old victim the drugs, but described her as highly intoxicated and severely incapacitated.
2 men indicted on kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault charges - phillyburbs.com: Burlington County Times: iric s cohen, richard trevor hughes, kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault, aloft hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
This is one of those 'wait and see' situations.

To quote the Philly Burbs article: "Police were called to the hotel after a guest saw the 'severely incapacitated' victim enter the hotel with the two defendants and notified hotel management [...]" The Ford article states that the alleged assault took place on December 8th, and the men weren't arrested until the 28th. The implication is that the cops showed up on the night in question and decided at that time that everything was OK.

It's also important to remember that these are news stories based only on what the police were willing to release at those points in time.

At the same time it'd be really easy to slip somebody a mickey at a bar. You can't assume that the victim is a hooker, or some loose girl who decided to retroactively withdraw her consent after the deed was finished.

I think it's clear that these two gentlemen are pretty sleazy. Whether or not they deserve to go to prison is as yet unclear.
It does say that the men were arrested on warrants. I'm not sure why the officers that showed up at the hotel investigated and walked away. Perhaps, they told police that they were letting her crash, and nothing was happening, and backed up by nothing like the men showing up at the door in a robe, and the female laying in bed, with barely the sheets over her. There is alot that we don't know with the case, but it does appear that they are claiming that she was fully aware of what was going on, and never objected at the time of the "fun". Who knows, it may be "buyers remorse", but in the case of a young lady deciding that she didn't like the way things happened until well after the fact.

Several charges dropped against SF attorney in Craigslist rape case | Bay City News | Crime | San Francisco Examiner

Totally different case, but not everything was as they seem.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #87 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Cant believe almost a year and no one asked... Is she hot?
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #88 (permalink)

This is crazy! Guess you never know with some people.
bigschank is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News