mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #91 (permalink)
Post Whore

When carmatech said that they owned the patent, omar and the others at the other camps (rap4 and milsig)
sat at the comp and tried every different combination to try a find a "Dual stack mag" patent and they could not, so yes they did their research about it.
Again either Sonny had the wrong info or they just straight up lied about the patent.

I 100% agree with you that the preoder people do have a right to bitch and I make no mention that they do not or should not have a bad taste in their mouth from the pre order, I for one still have the bad taste in my mouth from them and I NEVER did pre order from them so i thank my financial situation at that time for saving me a headache.
but thats for the mag kits which I am not talking about, this is about the D-mags only
as like i said i cant speak from experience on that pre order other then what i have witness on the side lines.

I am saying they should not take flak on this situation of the D-mags, as Carmatech is holding them up, they are READY to go RIGHT now just need this lil debacle solved up
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #92 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Honestly, it still is Rap4's fault. They either didn't do their homework (research the patent) or they slacked and didn't patent their design themselves. Or, even worse, they DID research the patent and then produced their product anyway. Either way, they gave out a pre-order for that product which they then couldn't deliver in the time they promised. IMO, Rap4 deserves PLENTY of flack from those who pre-ordered.
RAP4 never promised a date! They made that mistake with the tacamo conversion kits. And as for pre orders no one should have pre orders, if there is a store offering pre orders thats on them not RAP4! It does suck that Caramtech would go to this extreme to stop a product from coming out, as far as i am concerned they are blocking paintballers from getting something that is truly needed for mag fed paintball! I know i wont be buying from them anytime soon! Cough smart parts cough!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #93 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
RAP4 never promised a date! They made that mistake with the tacamo conversion kits. And as for pre orders no one should have pre orders, if there is a store offering pre orders thats on them not RAP4!

It does suck that Caramtech would go to this extreme to stop a product from coming out, as far as i am concerned they are blocking paintballers from getting something that is truly needed for mag fed paintball! I know i wont be buying from them anytime soon! Cough smart parts cough!

My thoughts exactly
Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Yet again, patents killing innovation in paintball. Awesome.

There should be an unwritten (or maybe written) rule that if you patent something you don't have the capability to produce purely to $-block someone else who does, you're branded a D-bag for life and are immediately banished to Wisconsin for all eternity.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #95 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Yet again, patents killing innovation in paintball. Awesome.

There should be an unwritten (or maybe written) rule that if you patent something you don't have the capability to produce purely to $-block someone else who does, you're branded a D-bag for life and are immediately banished to Wisconsin for all eternity.
I thought it was Pennsylvania.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #96 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I see a lot of armchair lawyering here. I'm going to sit and wait to see how it all pans out.

As for RAP4s behavior, they announced (but did not reveal) the Dmags either when they announced (but did not reveal) the mag-fed conversion kits or shortly thereafter. Being an FS user, I've noticed a lot of folks were interested in the Tacamo kits just so that they could upgrade/convert them to shooting FS rounds. Hell, I even considered the benefits of a Phenom modified to shoot FS rounds. In my case, the only reason I didn't jump on the wagon was RAP4's poor consistency and, I decided to wait and see how reliable the feed system is before I commited to a purchase. It was for this same reason, I decided not to go after the SAR12 Beta program (the price was an additional factor).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #97 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

This is the most appealing FS option for me so far. I still haven't decided if I even want to pick one of these kits up though. Probably will at some point though.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #98 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hmm thinking about FS rounds wonder if the milsig FS mag will be able to fit the tacamo kits, I know right now you need to sand a bit into the mag well to get the milsig mags in there but wonder if the FS mag will be same dims.

FS rounds are a hit and miss on the fields, some allow some do not
I'm not sure if my local field will allow them or not, but my outlaw field will
So for the dmags the only think im looing forward to is a cheap mag that can be dropped with out worry (dmags = drop mag) or lost (rough price was around $5 but that was before rap4 had brought the production to in house)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I thought it was Pennsylvania.
It IS pennsylvania. Hence santorum
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #100 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Too bad RAP4 didn't publicly announce the specs on the D-mag when they started talking about it. You can't patent something that has already become public knowledge!
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News