mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #101 (permalink)

It looks like a lot of generic business politics in play, and poor business management. I'm not an expert, but from what's been stated:

- RAP4 has a share of the blame, because they didn't do a complete check on the patenting. If Carmatech lied about the state of the patent, then RAP4 would have a fairly strong grounds for a lawsuit.

- Carmatech attempted to jump the gun, and may have elaborated on a few facts.

- Both are working very hard on getting this finished, because they are both losing a lot of money.

There will be a delay, however I just can't see it being held up indefinitely. The new mag designs will really change paintball. Mag fed has been drastically hampered due to the extreme costs, and a dirt cheap alternative is something we all want.

As far as preordering goes..... I don't mean to sound like a troll, but you should have known better. New paintball tech is more spotty than video games, and they are ALWAYS delayed. I really want to get back into paintball and I'm waiting for these to be produced. In the meantime I'm just sitting and waiting. Due to the extremely simple designs, I can't see them not meeting demand, and competition, (aka ripoffs), are only a few months behind. I'm speculating a lot of mainstream manufacturers *coughTippmanncough* are waiting to see how well these do before throwing their hats into the ring.

On a personal note, I REALLY want these to work. I'm sick and tired of speedball players ruining my local field. It's so hard to get a true milsig game up and running.
mrfranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #102 (permalink)
Post Whore

It looks like a lot of generic business politics in play, and poor business management. I'm not an expert, but from what's been stated:

- RAP4 has a share of the blame, because they didn't do a complete check on the patenting. If Carmatech lied about the state of the patent, then RAP4 would have a fairly strong grounds for a lawsuit.

- Carmatech attempted to jump the gun, and may have elaborated on a few facts.

- Both are working very hard on getting this finished, because they are both losing a lot of money.

There will be a delay, however I just can't see it being held up indefinitely. The new mag designs will really change paintball. Mag fed has been drastically hampered due to the extreme costs, and a dirt cheap alternative is something we all want.

As far as preordering goes..... I don't mean to sound like a troll, but you should have known better. New paintball tech is more spotty than video games, and they are ALWAYS delayed. I really want to get back into paintball and I'm waiting for these to be produced. In the meantime I'm just sitting and waiting. Due to the extremely simple designs, I can't see them not meeting demand, and competition, (aka ripoffs), are only a few months behind. I'm speculating a lot of mainstream manufacturers *coughTippmanncough* are waiting to see how well these do before throwing their hats into the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfranswa View Post
On a personal note, I REALLY want these to work. I'm sick and tired of speedball players ruining my local field. It's so hard to get a true milsig game up and running.
You said it there brother!
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #103 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfranswa View Post
As far as preordering goes..... I don't mean to sound like a troll, but you should have known better. New paintball tech is more spotty than video games, and they are ALWAYS delayed. I really want to get back into paintball and I'm waiting for these to be produced.

In the meantime I'm just sitting and waiting. Due to the extremely simple designs, I can't see them not meeting demand, and competition, (aka ripoffs), are only a few months behind. I'm speculating a lot of mainstream manufacturers *coughTippmanncough* are waiting to see how well these do before throwing their hats into the ring.

Yup, I never pre-order anything, If i really wanted it i wait for some one itrust to do a quick review then i pick it up for my self

now tippmann has been a follower for a while, they were asked a while back about doing a pistol they said there is NO market for a paintball pistol....well the T8 came out and had HUGE exposure.....a couple months later the TPX came out. They were told to use a spool valve like marker, they said no
well the Tm7 and Tm15 came out.....couple months later the Phenom came out
the tippmann family no longer owns Tippmann, its owned by some golf guy now he is in it for the money and less for innovative paintball stuff
hence the cross over and not a mag fed marker..... well there.....is....one......shhhhhh......

but im assuming they are waiting to release it after they see how mag fed takes off, they had some troubles with it
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #104 (permalink)

And people wonder why I won't take their money for MILSIG M17 orders

Just a small point Arson24. Tippmann Sports is in Summit Partners portfolio of companies. I would say "owned" but one of their bean counters gave me about 2 minutes of double talk explaining "owned" was not correct. I guess that is so Mitt Romney can claim that STAPLES was a Bain Capital success story when it was actually Summit Partners who took STAPLES "public". Modern finance is so confusing. Nobody owns anything, they just make money from it ......and never lose any.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #105 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiworx View Post
And people wonder why I won't take their money for MILSIG M17 orders

Just a small point Arson24. Tippmann Sports is in Summit Partners portfolio of companies. I would say "owned" but one of their bean counters gave me about 2 minutes of double talk explaining "owned" was not correct. I guess that is so Mitt Romney can claim that STAPLES was a Bain Capital success story when it was actually Summit Partners who took STAPLES "public". Modern finance is so confusing. Nobody owns anything, they just make money from it ......and never lose any.

thanks for clearing that up, Doug!

I hate pre-orders and will never do one
but I AM going to pick up one of those fancy m17's though
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #106 (permalink)

I really need to get back into paintball. I spend 7 days a week behind the computer and I'm getting a gut. Hurry up, I want my mags!
mrfranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #107 (permalink)
"Crow"

Anyone know the new proposed release date? I'd like to have some for fulda gap in november!
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #108 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

this, exactly.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #109 (permalink)
"Crow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
this, exactly.
Lol, even the part about fulda gap?
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #110 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PAINTBALL NINJA View Post
Lol, even the part about fulda gap?
especially the part about fulda gap, lol. i will be playing with my friends SoVa again this year. they are a great group to run with.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News