mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenom View Post
You've got it, there is also a blurry 100 round first strike drum mag pic that just surfaced on facebook as well
jesus... how much is 100 FS rounds?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
Get Real Paintball

They were kinda the first mil-sim markers, and they were all magazine fed. They've been around for at least 15 years or so, though I'm not even sure they still make markers. Their website hasn't been updated in four years.

The RAP magazine doesn't look too similar, though. ATS markers had this weird waterwheel gearbox thinger that would pick up paintballs in a rotating gear and feed them upwards, similar to the Automag warp feed. It was really complicated and I heard they malfunctioned/broke/jammed a lot. RAP's magazine is just a spring pushing the paintballs in a big circle. Seems much more simple.
if they havent updated their website in 4 years, and nobody is even sure if they make markers anymore.. how is it classified as "ripping off"?

if theres no patent, and one design is just better.. seems like sticking with a inferior product is a bad idea

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

ATS still makes and supports their guns, and this magazine design is nothing like their design.

I was wondering about "APS" magazines. APS makes a ton of chinese paintball equipment, so I assumed they had made something like these.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
ATS is indeed still in business, you just have to know where to look. This design is also nothing at all like the ATS magazines, literally the only thing they share is that they are magazines that hold paint.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

"there is also a blurry 100 round first strike drum mag pic"

Link?? Also - sounds like they are working on a box mag conversion to work with the d-mag magwell. Interesting... could be next on my list then if they finally get this sorted.
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
jesus... how much is 100 FS rounds?
$40...I buy them by the 100 round box for use in my T4.

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinggobbo View Post
You mean ATS.

Also, they dont work anywhere close to the ATS mags from what I can see. These appear (or at least the mags they claim they are based off of do) use a continous spring, think tape measure in reverse. ATS magazines use a cog and chain method to feed, with teeth on the underside of the bolt.

They still are made, go to the ATS section of the armoury for more info.
no I mean APS, rap4 stole/used there design in the USA, and yes you are right they are differnt to the Dmags I was talking about there "ridge" form or FS mags..........something I bleated about a few years back....oh well/.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

folda, you mean that FSR mag they show where the round changes axis as it curves around the bottom?

I believe RAP4 has been making knockoff Milsig(APS?) mags for over 5 years now.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
We Didn't Listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
no I mean APS, rap4 stole/used there design in the USA, and yes you are right they are differnt to the Dmags I was talking about there "ridge" form or FS mags..........something I bleated about a few years back....oh well/.
Oh my bad.
Rule #14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje. (The giver of the blow forgets, the bearer of the scar remembers)
flyinggobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

There's a company called CARMATECH Engineering making a new marker that uses the same flip to reload double feed style mag that the econo D-mags have.

Off topic: Here's a link to the info, someone should post it in the news section of this site, it appears I don't have those privileges.

New Paintball Gun: SAR12 - Paintball News | Professional Gear, Scenario Paintball
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News