mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #81 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
Carmatech dosnt have a patent pending specifically on the D-mag design, they have a patent pending on a DUAL stack design.
The aesthetics are different but the design functionality is identical.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #82 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
I am going to be super pissed if this does not pan out. Entire reason for buying the magfed kit was to be able to PUT MAGS IN IT. I really do not want to go spend a crapload of money on non-FS compatible RAP or Milsig mags.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #83 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Actually, not true. They've actually produced a video of the prototype shooting regular paintballs, and it was designed, from the ground up to fire FS rounds- vice putting a "D"-shaped opening in the breech.

The single shot issue is simply due to the lack of demand as compared to their existing product offerings. If they were getting a clear, and large demand for an FS marker (again, as compared to their other products), they would've probably invested more time into developing a working feed (the earliest prototypes were mag-fed).
I liked their original concept to make an adapter allowing their current pump to use tpx mags. Seemed like a better way to go then u dont need to design a new proprietary mag. The shell casing around the fs round is novel tho. Would help keep the fins from being snagged during feeding.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #84 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I liked their original concept to make an adapter allowing their current pump to use tpx mags. Seemed like a better way to go then u dont need to design a new proprietary mag. The shell casing around the fs round is novel tho. Would help keep the fins from being snagged during feeding.
The TPX mags still have to be modded to take FS rounds though. If nothing else, CCM would be better off using the D-mags if they ever come out. Why try to one-up an (semi)existing $5 item? I doubt they will go down either road though, which is not a knock on them, but they have more control if they just find their own solution.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #85 (permalink)
Post Whore

True
... i have no rebuttle
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #86 (permalink)
Post Whore

ok here is the story guys

Caramtech stated that they "Own the patent" in many videos (quoted as saying "Not many people know this, but we own the patent")
well it has just come out that their patent is still pending
Well Rap4 has STILL agreed to pay per mag to carmatech to get this ball rolling.....Well carmatech is having cash flow issues (hence the $1000 BETA B.S )
and are sitting on their hands for more money then what RAP4 has offered.....
so Carmatech is holding up the Dmags, at this moment NO ONE can blame rap4 for this
as its out of their hands.

I'm not the biggest RAP4 supporter but I believe the truth should be told and a company should not take flak if another company is holding the products up.

Rap4 has the kits and mags ready to go(minsu the phenom kits those should be ready in 2-3 weeks) and are gonna wait a week or two before getting their lawyers involved. Hopefully this gets solved quickly and the Dmags are released before summer.

Also the light has hit RAP4, they have some great stuff coming up by the end of next year.

0:55-1:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Cy2jOh6xg

1:23-1:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrPqIXyY7k

Last edited by Arson24; 05-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #87 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Well that's semi-good news, I think. It would be nice if things would actually get moving.

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 05-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
Post Whore

just gotta get caramtech to accept the price that was offer (I do not know that info)
and let the mag fed revolution begin :P
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #89 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post

so Carmatech is holding up the Dmags, at this moment NO ONE can blame rap4 for this
as its out of their hands.

I'm not the biggest RAP4 supporter but I believe the truth should be told and a company should not take flak if another company is holding the products up.

Honestly, it still is Rap4's fault. They either didn't do their homework (research the patent) or they slacked and didn't patent their design themselves. Or, even worse, they DID research the patent and then produced their product anyway. Either way, they gave out a pre-order for that product which they then couldn't deliver in the time they promised. IMO, Rap4 deserves PLENTY of flack from those who pre-ordered.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #90 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Honestly, it still is Rap4's fault. They either didn't do their homework (research the patent) or they slacked and didn't patent their design themselves. Or, even worse, they DID research the patent and then produced their product anyway. Either way, they gave out a pre-order for that product which they then couldn't deliver in the time they promised. IMO, Rap4 deserves PLENTY of flack from those who pre-ordered.
They deserve a fair amount of blame, but patent applications can be submitted with the request that they not be made public. I don't know if this is the case, but if it is, they can't really be blamed for anything other than not filing their own patent. I'm sure all anyone really cares about is getting what they wanted at a price close to what was advertised.

Quote:
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News