mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeramieJ View Post
So......who will be the first to buy the shell and replace the internals for a decent working mag? So many have made these with "modify airsoft to fit paintball".......now the shell is done.

As to batteries? RealSteel Drumfeed Tommys, AKs or ARs are not done by battery either, why would you need/want it for a wimpy paintball. Springs work for airsoft just fine also, so weight is not an issue.

Regular maintenance and not sitting for long periods loaded make springs last a long time. Too many like to load and sit........too lazy to unload, causing spring malfunctions.
Because cartridges and airsoft BB's aren't made of squishy gelatin. Ever seen what happens when you leave paintballs in a TPX/T8 magazine too long? Or even a springfeed with a comparatively softer spring? The amount of tension needed to feed 100 rounds around a spiraling path is enough to squish most paint, which is why it hasn't been done before. Since FS are made of a corn-based plastic which doesn't deform as easily as gelatin it could work with a drum mag, but I wouldn't hold out hopes of it working for regular paint as well.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #52 (permalink)
My Sarcasm is Legendary

Q loaders use springs to move regular paint. Grant it I'm not a big fan of the q loader system but some people seem to have worked it out.

MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

PBN Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=507494

A5OG: http://www.a5og.net/feedback-b-s-t/3...-feedback.html

I play paintball in a Fatsuit.
BIGNUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #53 (permalink)
Rec Poster

cant wait for this
Bouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Barned

Err, I'm confused to why as they have a double drum magazine. Bulky and heavy compared to a single drum. Are htey not able to get 100 rounds into one magainze? I'll applaud them if it can shoot out of the box :P
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Err, I'm confused to why as they have a double drum magazine. Bulky and heavy compared to a single drum. Are htey not able to get 100 rounds into one magainze? I'll applaud them if it can shoot out of the box :P
I still suspect it's spring loaded 50 per side. And like the other dmags with 2 channels, you only have access to 50 at a time, needing to flip it from one side to the other.

Hell, even if they can only do 25-30 per side, 50-60 total it will still be badass. Going out with only the rifle and a 13ci tank-in-stock, no need to carry a harness with mags. Very tempting.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
someday companies will remember clock springs work better for tension winding than coil springs.(Qloader this is for you)
im actually very surprised that milsig or rap4 hasnt picked up on this yet. Wasnt the first mag fed marker magazine with a loop done with a clock spring?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Q loaders use springs to move regular paint
Though to be fair - the spring doesn't act on the paint directly.
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #58 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUGLY View Post
Q loaders use springs to move regular paint. Grant it I'm not a big fan of the q loader system but some people seem to have worked it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
Though to be fair - the spring doesn't act on the paint directly.

The paint in the pod is fine with the Qloader because the force is applied equally to all balls in the pod. The problems occur in the feed stack (the tube between the socket and the breach.

All of the spring tension is applied to the balls in the stack. This causes flat spots / dimpling on the fore (top) and rear (bottom) sides of the balls, and the ball in the breach will gradually collapse. Over time, this will cause two problems:

1. Difficulty in getting the pod out of the socket if it has been engaged for awhile and not shot (as compared to being able to get it in and out of the socket easily when the pod was first inserted).
2. 1.5+ balls in the breach, causing the outermost ball to get clipped/chopped by the bolt.

I had these problems a lot with my Tippmann and then, my Woodstalker Ion(because I tend to sneak more often than shoot) before I finally gave up and got a warp feed. Now, I've got it setup as a direct feed (top mount) on my SP-1 and it seems to work fine with the absolute minimum number of pre-winds.

Ball compression is the biggest limitation to spring feeds. The less often you shoot, the warmer/wetter the weather, the worse it will be.

First Strikes don't have this problem and I'm guessing that Hydrotec rounds won't have this problem either.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
FN303 drums hold 15 FS rounds (designed for them, effectively) and the spring is stupid strong. The gun actually doesn't work well with reballs because the smaller diameter and squishyness of the ball causes them to get smashed into the mag.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News