mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
My Sarcasm is Legendary

I have a red dot and was thinking about trying it as a ocular sight. Can I not just leave the cap on the front and use it as such? It seems t to me that that would take care of any glare issues. AS for the kit it looks cool but I prefer function over form. If it doesn't make it work better I'll pass. As I think most of this crowd has mentioned. I gie them props for trying somethign new for them.

MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

PBN Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=507494

A5OG: http://www.a5og.net/feedback-b-s-t/3...-feedback.html

I play paintball in a Fatsuit.
BIGNUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Honestly I have a RED DOT on my BT4. Yep worthless as HELL, but looks good and looks expensive. Only cost $12. The kids like it and that's what matters.

Later,
Blackrain
I disagree black rain.
I used my red dot on my tac one forvthe first time this weekend.
I had set it up at home, according to the guide, and with my palmers brass barrel, it's accurate as hell. More than I had expected.
Do I use it for every shot?
No.
But when wanting to get a one shot, one hit surprise, it works wonders.
Last weekend, had a guy behind a bunker, who's leg was just sticking out a bit.
Sighted it in, and he was out with one shot.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Blackrain, completely agree with you. More options are better than less. If it isn't your cup of tea, maybe it will be for someone else.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
I disagree black rain.
I used my red dot on my tac one forvthe first time this weekend.
I had set it up at home, according to the guide, and with my palmers brass barrel, it's accurate as hell. More than I had expected.
Do I use it for every shot?
No.
But when wanting to get a one shot, one hit surprise, it works wonders.
Last weekend, had a guy behind a bunker, who's leg was just sticking out a bit.
Sighted it in, and he was out with one shot.
Like I said worthless as HELL. I can't see without my glasses, so a dot that close is only a blurr to me (I forgot to mention that). I'm not even sure it has a battery. But as mentioned before, the kids like it and that's what matters. Also it was $12, but looks expensive

Sights are worthless to me regardless. Anyone who has ever seen me play can tell you that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Blackrain, completely agree with you. More options are better than less. If it isn't your cup of tea, maybe it will be for someone else.
Thank you. It's what matters to others. I give away so much Mil crap, it's pathetic. It means nothing to me,but to a kid or someone who likes it, that is what really matters

More options are better, it's what helps me make my decision on where I spend my future dollars

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 04-04-2012 at 06:27 AM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Random Lurker

It looks like the EMC kit in the poster was the initial concept prototype. The current incarnation of the EMC kit has some changes from the promotional poster shown. There are now 2 45 degree positioned rails located on the back end of the gun to better mount sights for proper sight line use.

I agree with Blackrain that it is nice for companies to offer conversion kits for guns that can help a player transform his gun to play both woods ball and speedball. I play both and prefer the minimalist approach to my gun so I don't typically add things to my guns. As anyone who had been around this sport for any decent length of time knows that appearance of the gear makes the biggest impression on the newer players, No matter if the attachments work or not.

One of the cool things I noticed about the EMC kit was the fact that almost all the internal parts of the gun can be accessed without removing the attachments of the body kit. The bolt, the eyes, etc can all be cleaned or worked on the the kit still mounted. Plus this thing is very light. Can't do much with the weight of the attachments, but the kit itself is very light.
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #36 (permalink)

The fact is, the etha shoots better than the majority of 'woodsball' markers, and is alot lighter. Use the kit, with a stock and remote, and it'll be a featherwieght.
And has everyone forgotten about the qloader. A riser would allow a rear mounted red dot (or other preferred sight) to clear the feed tube easily. Now if only valken would release the strikeloader...
BackyardBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #37 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Anyone know how it would fit a Ego or Geo?

I guess it would be a piece of cake to adjust it for the other PE-markers, as they pretty much get out from the same mold?!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #38 (permalink)

Nope, not without alot of modding at least.

Quote:
Anyone know how it would fit a Ego or Geo?

I guess it would be a piece of cake to adjust it for the other PE-markers, as they pretty much get out from the same mold?!
Toxic Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
heard from a store owner that modding it for a Geo is fairly easy.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News